Click image for larger version

Name:	20201221_132319.jpg
Views:	658
Size:	2.96 MB
ID:	1917032
    A thing of beauty is a joy forever.

Comment

Originally posted by mattthemuppet View Post
      I'm bummed about jmm03's tamale comment though, don't quite believe that (it adds to the texture, right?)
      I have a cousin that had only ever eaten Tamales out of the freezer case, then one day I introduced him to the real deal. Once he was done spitting out the corn husks....

I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

yeah, my buddies got a good laugh out of watching me getting my ration of roughage...

Comment

Originally posted by jmm03 View Post
          yeah, my buddies got a good laugh out of watching me getting my ration of roughage...
          I've never had one....what's shtick? Its just a wrapper not meant to be eaten?
          Last edited by Mcgyver; 12-23-2020, 04:52 PM.
          in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Most gantry beams I've seen have the trolley running on the bottom flange- leaving the top of the beam clear. That would allow for a bit of triangulation to be added to boost the bending resistance of the beam.

Butter steel- I bought some masonry bits once that were so soft- one of them untwisted and twisted the opposite way as I was using it. I put it between my three middle fingers and actually could bend it. I got my moneys worth in laughter.

I saw one of those vids on that plane crash. Of course what they showed was not the actual rigging in question, but a mock up of it. Still, if that's how they rig vehicles in transport planes, the loads placed on the straps would be far higher than need be because of the way it was done. And did they not put the vehicle in low gear and put the brakes on? It should not have rolled at all- if anything the tires should have had to skid in order for the vehicle to have moved. Apparently the guy who rigged it was new, but followed the 'book'- he might as well have run the straps up over the roof for all the good they were going to be. Tragic.

I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post

Except you would sue HF.
              Yes, and their lawyers would push it back to the manufacturer.

JL....

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgyver View Post

I've never had one....what's shtick? Its just a wrapper not meant to be eaten?
                Authentic tamale would be masa’ dough kneaded around a meat filling then wrapped in a corn husk and baked or maybe steamed. Don’t eat the husk.
                Last edited by SVS; 12-23-2020, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mattthemuppet View Post
                  not sure why one wouldn't use a stir stick to snort coke, they're alot cheaper than $20 bills. Unless the hole down the middle is too small? Maybe McDonalds straws would be better.... I'm bummed about jmm03's tamale comment though, don't quite believe that (it adds to the texture, right?)
                  DZER

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post

Our boy has clearly led a sheltered life if he doesn't know that the $20's are to pay the Hookers.
                    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

man, you're either a cheap date or you need to read up on inflation if you think $20 will get you much

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post

this

Name:	71NBbQkn5QL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	1917618
                        vs

Name:	1*-aGjXQbtx4vK6Q5jrgp9VQ.png
Views:	85
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	1917619

Comment

The spoon make sure your heart doesen't explode.
                          The big straw on the other hand.........................

-D
                          DZER

Comment

Working...
                          X