Source for R12 imperial sized bearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for R12 imperial sized bearings

I need an R12 bearing. SKF is so frustrating! Despite it being listed in skf.ca web site, they say its not available. wtf? I'd have thought it a common one...and its in your online catalogue so thanks for wasting my time. I decide to call SKF US. I didn't sound like a problem getting them and as we have an account with skf.ca, they suggested the easiest thing would be for him contact .ca and tell them how to get them.

I hear back from .ca. There is only one in stock in the world and no future plans to make any. ARG!

1) can this be true - is something I'd have thought common, an R12, really dissapeared in the US (except for 1)?

2) if not SKF, who can I get such bearing from? Ideally something high precision.

thanks
    Last edited by Mcgyver; 12-23-2020, 11:03 AM.
    in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

I always call either Buffalo Bearing or Acme Bearing in Buffalo NY.
    Even though now I live 4 states away.

-Doozer
    DZER

Comment

I would not have thought it would have been a problem, maybe an issue with SKF?
      I regularly buy R series bearings locally so not sure why the issue.

A quick look gives me two sources, I'm very sure most power transmission outlets in your area would be be more than able to meet your requirements.

Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
      Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

These are my go to guys for bearings and stuff https://peterboroughbearings.com/

I heard the same story about some R8 bearings a couple years ago when I went in there. "they are hard to find, not a normal item for us, etc..." then the guy went in the back and came back with 8 of them for me lol. SKF too. Might be worth a shot.

This just reminded me I still haven't finished the project I bought them for

Comment

McMaster Carr, VXB bearing, grainger, etc

Comment

Sounds like Inch discrimination to me.
            I see it all the time.

-D
            DZER

Comment

here's one source, https://www.amazon.com/R12-2RS-Seale.../dp/B002BBEXJK

Comment

They need to be reasonably good, SKF's (the single one left in the world) is ABEC 1 which is probably ABEC 3. That would probably work. 5 would be ideal. I phoned AST, helpful chap there....apparently R12 ABEC 1 are super common, anything else would need a big minimum order.

Comment

you mean this?
                  ​​​​​​https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...c&LH_PrefLoc=1

or this?
                  ​​​​​​https://bearingsdirect.com/ball-bear...p-99r12-jd9456

Comment

I was super satisfied with PGN (penguin) brand R12 bearings on eBay. Shielded. Smoothest Chinese bearing I've ever felt.
                    21" Royersford Excelsior CamelBack Drillpress Restoration
                    1943 Sidney 16x54 Lathe Restoration

Comment

Nachi or NTN should be decent choices as long as you get genuine ones.

Comment

Mike:

How close is Motion Industries to SKF?

8-3761 Victoria Park Ave, Scarborough, ON M1W 3S2

Motion Industries acquired the Canadian company BC Bearing Engineering LTD in November 2010.

BC Bearing was/is a major supplier to the oil industry in Canada.
                        Last edited by bob_s; 12-23-2020, 05:28 PM. Reason: background info

Comment

Originally posted by bob_s View Post
                          How close is Motion Industries to SKF?
                          We buy and sell with Motion frequently, I'll ask them to quote. They carry various manufacturers. Nachi and NTN are good, but they're still all class 0/ABEC 1......maybe grumpy old Bardon would have something. If not I'll go with big brand ABEC 1. I've had a few bearing engineers tell me with modern manufacturing almost all the ABEC 1's would would qualify as 3's

thanks all for the help

Comment

Working...
                          X