Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you get yourself for Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rickyb
    replied
    Not sure if it’s spelled laid or layed, but I sure am looking forward to it.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-12-02-20-32-36.png
Views:	372
Size:	511.3 KB
ID:	1917810 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2020-12-02-20-32-36.png Views:	0 Size:	0 ID:	1917808 The Cerianis , might go on this one.
    Last edited by 754; 12-24-2020, 03:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• eKretz
    replied
    One of my items, 84 pieces, good shop set. Good price.

Name:	20201224_141324.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	1917803

Name:	20201224_141208.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	3.88 MB
ID:	1917804

Leave a comment:

• A.K. Boomer
    replied
    Originally posted by gellfex View Post

I don't always get treated this nicely by Santa! I just tell myself (and the wife) that all my kayaks and fishing gear add up to a season's gas money on a real boat. As for getting there in a hurry, the rig has a surprisingly narrow wind speed window between 'why bother' and 'oh sh*t!' but my last trip of the season in late November was a great combination of fun sailing and awesome tautog fishing.
    That's funny - do you have to use a paddle brace for the gusts, you know - so you don't tip over?

in whitewater I was known for being unsinkable on my right side --- used a scully stroke PB, the gift that keeps on giving :-)

im guessing if your already at speed and you get hit by a side gust on the sail then all you have to do is drag a blade at an angle for bracing, that's what i do in the river if I have momentum...
    Last edited by A.K. Boomer; 12-24-2020, 03:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gellfex
    replied
    Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post

Very cool Gellfex, that'll get you from point A to point B in a hurry... im re-thinking the lump of coal i got - maybe could have done something better...
    I don't always get treated this nicely by Santa! I just tell myself (and the wife) that all my kayaks and fishing gear add up to a season's gas money on a real boat. As for getting there in a hurry, the rig has a surprisingly narrow wind speed window between 'why bother' and 'oh sh*t!' but my last trip of the season in late November was a great combination of fun sailing and awesome tautog fishing.

Leave a comment:

• BCRider
    replied
    Machinery wise I finally bought myself a new AXA size wedge style QCTP kit that came with 6 holders instead of the usual 4. And as stocking stuffers an extra half dozen holders.

And a bottle of Peat Monster whiskey.... Love those Islay whiskeys....

And yes, how about a pic of the bike you're going to put the Cherries onto?

Leave a comment:

• Tundra Twin Track
    replied
    Added to my Carbide &Drill bit collection it was so close to Xmas I couldn’t resist. Click image for larger version

Name:	72285F5B-5C99-4681-8ED1-AC0D4C7D0020.jpeg
Views:	549
Size:	3.10 MB
ID:	1917784

Leave a comment:

• A.K. Boomer
    replied
    Originally posted by gellfex View Post
    Christmas came early for me this year, I got a sailing rig for my kayaks in August. I'd been thinking of making something but this rig from kayaksailor.com was so damn clever I couldn't see myself doing better even though it was far from cheap.

Very cool Gellfex, that'll get you from point A to point B in a hurry... im re-thinking the lump of coal i got - maybe could have done something better...

Leave a comment:

• RB211
    replied
    rolling tabletop cabinet

Leave a comment:

• dalee100
    replied
    Whiskey.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by old mart View Post
    Whats the Cerianis for, obviously drum brakes, so its a vintage bike. I had some of their forks on a Greaves Pathfinder trials bike.
    Probably go on a cb 750 or xs 650.. used a lot on flat track and dragbikes.
    you can run a disc, tight though.. I actually managed to get a 300 or 320 mm rotor on one with 6 piston caliper... very tight..
    lower tree may be off a Greeves.. actually.

Leave a comment:

• I make chips
    replied
    Vintage cerianis. Nice. What are they going on.

Not much for chrissy. Little things like wuhanium carbide inserts, tap handle and other little ebay items that may or may not arrive due to the post office system being rubbish.
    Last edited by I make chips; 12-24-2020, 12:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gellfex
    replied
    Christmas came early for me this year, I got a sailing rig for my kayaks in August. I'd been thinking of making something but this rig from kayaksailor.com was so damn clever I couldn't see myself doing better even though it was far from cheap.

Click image for larger version  Name:	sail statue.PNG Views:	0 Size:	963.6 KB ID:	1917747

Leave a comment:

• old mart
    replied
    Whats the Cerianis for, obviously drum brakes, so its a vintage bike. I had some of their forks on a Greaves Pathfinder trials bike.
    Last edited by old mart; 12-24-2020, 12:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lakeside53
    replied
    I got a day off from work so can tidy my shop. SWMBO has other ideas
    Last edited by lakeside53; 12-24-2020, 07:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X