neodymium to the rescue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neodymium to the rescue.

I was looking over my glasses (yes stupid) and a small metal shaving made it into my eye. After trying to get it out with a twisted up tissue - I grabbed a magnet. As I brought it close to the shaving it jumped from my eye. Might be time for bifocals.. (only works for ferrous metals - your mileage may vary. prices may vary in Alaska Hawaii and Puerto Rico)

Whew.

Old machinists always kept a cow magnet in their tool box for this purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by I make chips View Post
      Old machinists always kept a cow magnet in their tool box for this purpose.
      Huh. Never had a cow in my eye, but whatever works.

And more seriously, the mirror on the inside lid of toolboxes was also there to help deal with such eye events. For anyone who wasn't just primping for the other guys, I guess.
      "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

You still should see an Ophthalmologist. Don't want that wound to be come the site for an eye infection.
        Been there, done that.

Comment

I just finished putting a neodymium magnet on my bottle opener. Good place for it as I keep it on my keychain so I always have it with me. Can be handy.
          I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Working...
          X