Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 G & E Metal shaper on CL in eastern OH

NOT MY AD I am not affiliated with this

Not mine. It would be mine if I had the space.
    A nice option for those with the space

16" Gould and Eberhardt with vise (important)
    Has the table support but not the universal vise (which would be a nice option)
    Hideous color
    https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/tl...244682232.html

A known, reputable Craigslist seller.

Comment

Geez that is not that bad a price. ...... for the vise...

Comment

That’s probably about priced as scrap. Anyone know what that things weighs?

Comment

4000-5000 lbs.

Comment

No experience with a G&E, but this unit sure does appear to be all there and then some. The Cincinnati brings back some fond memories. Grab hold of that clutch handle and it feels like you've got the power of a locomotive in your hand.

Shapers.....You can make anything but money with one....Truer in today's computerized world than ever before. That said, if you've the space available and the wherewithal to move it, picking up what looks to be a complete machine for probably scrap price does provide a fun "toy" to play with for short money.

Comment

Ooh, I wouldn't mind that one. I don't even mind the Orange. Long ass way away though.
              21" Royersford Excelsior CamelBack Drillpress Restoration
              1943 Sidney 16x54 Lathe Restoration

Comment

Yes over 2 tons, I hauled a similar size one out of Vancouver to here on my 3/4 ton Chev.... we were around 8400labs on the scale or so..

Comment

That guy is on PM as well, its listed in the Antique section.

Comment

He thinks that the Cinci will bring him a lot more? Fantasizing I think - at 16" the G&E is at the very top end of what most hobbyists would want. 24" is well over top.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Engelhardt View Post
                      He thinks that the Cinci will bring him a lot more? Fantasizing I think - at 16" the G&E is at the very top end of what most hobbyists would want. 24" is well over top.
                      Condition is a factor...

I'd take the 24" over the G&E for that reason. G&E is bound to be full of problems, or at least a few. Nearly all machines that age have at least some. Cinci looks ready to run, or put in the livingroom, your choice.

Comment

Originally posted by oxford View Post
                        That’s probably about priced as scrap. Anyone know what that things weighs?
                        I bought an identical one for half the cost a few years back and asked on the forum here about the weight. When I got it home I weighed it and its 50 pounds shy of 4500. But mine is missing the tray under the ram at the rear. Plus this one has that custom chip pan fabrication on the front so I think it probably hits the 4500 pound mark as shown.

Best wishes to ya’ll.

Sincerely,

Jim

"To invent you need a good imagination and a pile of junk" - Thomas Edison

"I've always wanted to get a job as a procrastinator but I keep putting off going out to find one so I guess I'll never realize my life's dream. Frustrating!" - Me

Comment

I'm sure Fasttrack gets some PTSD seeing that already half crumbling pallet.

Comment

Working...
                          X