No announcement yet.

K.O. Lee S718

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems like you've been posting from home a lot. Does that mean that you are no longer flying? You did mention a while back that you were close to losing your job.

And, please, just ignore this if it's something you'd rather not discuss. And/or just tell me if I'm being too nosy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Engelhardt View Post
      It seems like you've been posting from home a lot. Does that mean that you are no longer flying? You did mention a while back that you were close to losing your job.

And, please, just ignore this if it's something you'd rather not discuss. And/or just tell me if I'm being too nosy.
      I'm going to be a first officer on the 777, just waiting for a phone call to finish it up. In aviation you are held to another individuals judgement. When you fly with the two hardest check airman to please and they give you a blessing to finish up, you feel pretty damn confident in your abilities. I was 99.999% finished and I dicked up the landing on the line check which was the only time I ever dicked up a landing. I had to fly three more legs with a different check airman to fix any issues. He obviously didn't agree with the two very senior check airman at the company, and the failure to receive his blessing gave me a 2nd strike, even though my landings were good, he found other issues he didn't like. So any more unfortunate events the union cannot do anything, the company can do what ever they want.
      I was told they are very busy with other people so I will wait for a phone call to finish up, I am not going to pester them. This could mean a few months at home, or I go finish up in a few days. Well, probably not in a few days as my right leg is swollen and I am walking with a severe limp.
      An aviation career is very much like walking across a mine field, I stepped on a land mine with this. Why I rarely suggest to others to do this career, why I want other sources of income.
      Last edited by RB211; 12-29-2020, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X