Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dian
    replied
    what is the advantage of the oscilating feature? (as opposed to oscilating you hands.)

Leave a comment:

• Dan Dubeau
    replied
    My father in law has had a rigid for many years, and just bought another one so he doesn't have to switch between drum and belt anymore. They get a bit more use than the average hobbyist and have held up fine. I'd love to have one someday, but have always got by with a plain drum in the drill press.

Leave a comment:

• Doozer
    replied
    I just use the top drum of my belt sander,
    but that's just me.

-D

Leave a comment:

• CPeter
    replied
    +++ on the Ridgid. Works good as both a drum and belt. Has good dust collection and is pretty well built for the price. I have one and use it a lot and am very satisfied with it.

Leave a comment:

• oxford
    replied
    Originally posted by wierdscience View Post
    A little ingenuity you can make your drill press oscillate-

https://www.finewoodworking.com/2005...-a-drill-press

Could also use an eccentric and connecting rod made from a couple small rod ends and all thread rod.
    Thats a pretty slick idea

Leave a comment:

• wierdscience
    replied
    A little ingenuity you can make your drill press oscillate-

https://www.finewoodworking.com/2005...-a-drill-press

Could also use an eccentric and connecting rod made from a couple small rod ends and all thread rod.

Leave a comment:

• redlee
    replied
    Originally posted by Ringo View Post
    I am currently on a wood project, I put a sanding drum in the drill press and turned up the speed.
    I am surprised how well it works.
    I did make a little MDF sanding platform bolted on the table
    Thats what we are doing now, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• wierdscience
    replied
    I've got a Rigid brand one that works well, does drums and also has a belt attachment.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-O...4424/202459151

Leave a comment:

• Ringo
    replied
    I am currently on a wood project, I put a sanding drum in the drill press and turned up the speed.
    I am surprised how well it works.
    I did make a little MDF sanding platform bolted on the table

Leave a comment:

• Bob La Londe
    replied
    I have this one and it turned out to be one of the not so ****ty tools they sell. I've used it for finishing out control panels to big to cut on my CNC machines. Their sanding drums aren't great, but the tool is decent. Never mind the cob webs. I haven't used it in a few months, but when I use it it usually gets used all day. Never had any problems. A couple other companies sell what looks like an identical machine under fancier trade names. Looks like my exact model may have been discontinued at HF.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• redlee
    started a topic Looking for a Oscillating Sander.

Looking for a Oscillating Sander.

My daughter has been working in the shop with me a lot lately, doing many crafty projects.
    Many times she has needed one so ....... I might just get a small one.
    Anyone have a hobby version thats actually worth getting.
    Thanks
Working...
X