Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reference Information (you may use later)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reference Information (you may use later)

Just bought some red thread locker and before I threw away the card it was attached to, thought you might like it for reference.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Thread locker info.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	1920291

​​​​​​​

what is second torque number? what is "steel as received" ? adhesion on zink is less than half of the steel value (at least for loctite).

Comment

WARNING some Chinese brands of thread locker are being sold under a name that is just slightly off of the "USUAL" brand name.
      The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

Originally posted by loose nut View Post
        WARNING some Chinese brands of thread locker are being sold under a name that is just slightly off of the "USUAL" brand name.
        How do you tell?

Comment

they work better.

Comment

just slightly off of the "USUAL" brand name
            I once bought a dial indicator off ebay that was advertised as "Mitotoyo". What I received was "Mitogoyo". I complained, but there are a lot of scammy sellers some of whom just outright lie and hope you won't notice later (like in this case), some of whom hope you won't read the fine print in the first place.
            "A machinist's (WHAP!) best friend (WHAP! WHAP!) is his hammer. (WHAP!)" - Fred Tanner, foreman, Lunenburg Foundry and Engineering machine shop, circa 1979

Comment

Anything you buy on Ebay or from Amazon sellers should be suspect. Last year I bought an LED grow lamp advertised as '45 watts', no caveats or qualifiers. It was like 13 watts. Nowhere did they say "incandescent equivalent". I slagged them in the review but there's still multiple sellers of that item with the same 45 watt description.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyf View Post

I once bought a dial indicator off ebay that was advertised as "Mitotoyo". What I received was "Mitogoyo". I complained, but there are a lot of scammy sellers some of whom just outright lie and hope you won't notice later (like in this case), some of whom hope you won't read the fine print in the first place.
                Well, it would have been just as bad if it was actually marked "Mitotoyo"...

Comment

There is a new Orange sealer .. like to see that spec vs these others..

Comment

Working...
                  X