paranormal workshop experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Engelhardt View Post

Ummm .... how can you be so sure that you left it there? This happens quite a bit and one can't easily dismiss the possibility that this stuff is playing with us. You know - hiding until we're gone and then coming out before we get back.
    A lot of times I'm in a hurry, working on something in a hurry inadvertently set a tool down without thinking, and it's hiding in plain sight.

JL......

Comment

Since I’m Irish. Every time I misplace something. I tell the wife that the little people are messing with me again, Dam Leprechauns.

As for strange experiences. I’ve had quite a few doing maintenance work in old buildings and powerhouses. There where some rooms that the guys refused to work in by themselves. So we would team them up with a partner.

When I was an apprentice I was working in a old powerhouse that my grandfather had help build.
      The foreman who was a good friend of my uncle’s that I had known most of my life asked if I would mind doing some work in a lab in the Powerhouse. He told me that a operator / lab tech had committed suicide that weekend in that room by drinking bromide. That the guy’s parents where going to come buy and be given a tour of the plant including that room.
      by the plant executives and to keep everything clean.

At break he asked how it was going. I told him that they had come by and that it was sad. That I had left the room until they where done. He asked if I was ok going back and finishing. I said that I had no problem going back and finishing up.

Well after about an hour the lights go out in that room and the hallway. It’s pitch back and I can’t see a thing. So I start yelling for the clown that turned the lights out to turn them back on again because I can’t see. Well I wait a few minutes and start yelling and cussing again, talking about payback. Waiting for the laughter and the lights to come back on, but they don’t. So I had to go slow and feel my way out of the room and down the hallway to the elevator. All the time cussing and yelling that if anything grabs me it better be dead because I’m going to kill it if it ain’t.

I get to the foreman’s office on the other end of the plant and start cussing him out asking why he turned the lights on me.
      or had someone do it. He just looked at me like I was nuts. Told me that no one else was working on that floor. Not laughing at all. He asked me what happened and I told him the story. He told me to take the rest of the day off and that he would talk to the operators about the lights. That we would go back the next morning and that he would help me finish up.

Years later at a family function I was having some beers with my uncle. I asked him if he knew about the operator at that powerhouse. He said that he did. I asked if the foreman his friend had told him about me working in that room.
      He told me no so I told him the story. He looked at me not laughing and told me that when he was bidding work there. The operators would tell him stories about the strange things that would happened there.

Last edited by HD Bee; 01-07-2021, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by darryl View Post
        Suddenly the bit caught, and I ripped my hand out of there so I wouldn't get cut. I woke up to the sound of the mouse going flying. I'm glad it wasn't a drink in my hand. Yeah, ok- I'm awake.
        Yeah, thats how they all start, but officer, I wasnt drinking (that leads to only had three lol).

Put the Whiskey down D and let the Mouse go or...... LOL.

Neat story.. Never had that happen, in the shop... JR

My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Originally posted by TGTool View Post
          It reminds me of an episode Carlos Castaneda writes about early in his experience with his sorcerer teacher and hallucinogenic plants. He experiences himself flying through the air. Afterwards he asks if he was REALLY flying. Don Juan just says it was his experience. Yabbut, if he'd tied himself to a boulder, would he still have been able to fly? Well, he'd just have had to fly with the boulder too. How do we finally, absolutely, completely know what is real and what takes place only in our head since EVERYTHING we experience is through our head?
          how many of his books did you digest?

Comment

This thread reminds me of the consummate missing 10mm socket. Seemingly made of mystery material lighter than air they go awol periodically never to be seen again.

Comment

Originally posted by I make chips View Post
              This thread reminds me of the consummate missing 10mm socket. Seemingly made of mystery material lighter than air they go awol periodically never to be seen again.

Comment

Originally posted by dian View Post

how many of his books did you digest?
                I think I got as far as the third, Journey to Ixtlan. They're interesting reading but hard to derive much useful from. Am I going to try to search out a sorcerer who will take me on as an apprentice and then spend all that time going through adventures to learn something? I don't think so. And then, when all is said and done, it rather stretches credulity. First book, yeah, maybe. After three, it was just a little too much to accept. Still, if you just view it as creative fiction spinning, out a different look at the world, it's better than most. Some of the subsequent descriptions of travel to some strange place where a stranger gives you a message meant only for you that sends you on a quest that blows you mind are just drivel by comparison.

In terms of structure it has some particularly good qualities. For instance stories that just assume fantastic events from the start are easy to dismiss as fluff. If the author begins in acceptable reality and seems to be struggling along with the reader to make sense of and accept what SEEMS to be happening it can really draw you in. Perhaps what can be usefully pulled from the series might be something like don Genaro's admonition to "follow the path with heart" and to "live life like a warrior", but then that's not so different from "live in the present" or "seize the day".
                "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

I keep having weird shop experiences.
                  Sometimes when I look at the digital clock,
                  the display is blank. Then I look away for
                  a split second, and look back, and the
                  time is there, displayed on the clock.
                  This has happened a few times.
                  Don't know why. Best I can figure is that
                  my brain is in a laboratory jar somewhere
                  and has been plugged into a computer
                  program, which constitutes my reality.
                  I figure the reason for this, is someone
                  needs my brain to help save the universe
                  sometime in the future, and this reality that
                  I am being fed is just a pacifier to keep it
                  alive until it is needed.

-Doozer
                  DZER

Comment

yes, don genaro. i will never forget the passage: "when don genanaro shi.. the earth trembles. i have to admitt to having used it a few times to impress the counterpart in the sence "you know, .. when i shi.. the eart trembles". they looked quite concerned every time.

Comment

Too funny. Only cause its true. Most used size (for metric) on the automobiles I work on so maybe its a Me thing. JR
                      My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

I don't dream as much as I used to, but when I do it's usually quite vivid. A lot of the time it's just snippets, seemingly unrelated and nothing to talk about. This was kind of like that, but with a knee-jerk physical reaction at the end of it. Awakening with a startle usually ends up with a headache, but not this time- I actually felt quite rejuvenated.

Sometimes I'll have what seems like a full length feature film- one of those in particular caught me off guard. I was on the street in front of the pub I had been going to. I knew the street, but all the coloring was different- everything had been done up in pastel. I knew the buildings, one where I used to work. The hardware store, the shoe store, etc, and the pub. I ended up on the roof of the pub with a small group of people. One of the girls offered me a 'blade'- which turned out to be breakfast pancakes. I asked what time it was- she said 'oh, you mean the year? It's 2085'. As I'm looking around, contemplating this, I realize that my town is still there, the buildings are still there- they have just been made over a few times. I'm still here, and there are people but nobody I know. I'm back on the street and I walk home. Then I wake up.

A short while later I make my way to the pub. It felt really strange to open the door and walk in. As I do, people inside (people I know) are saying 'there he is! there he is!' I carefully sit down, wondering now if I'm still in the dream. I look at everybody- they look at me like they haven't seen me for years. Then somebody says 'you won'. Ok, what did I win- am I on the other side, but still here? No- I had won the draw for the charity event- six pack of beer, a hat, some socks I think.

I've had a couple of very vivid dreams since then- one involving people I know. I walked into the pub one day, went right up on stage and solved a problem they were having with the sound system. Somebody said to me 'did somebody call you?' No. I had walked in and sensed that there was a problem and just quickly fixed it so I could sit down and have my morning coffee. Another time I walked in and from the doorway I knew that there was an issue. I walked up to the manager and said 'what's up?'. She just looked at me and said 'you read my mind again'. I fished her keychain out of the drain in the freezer room.

Sometimes I get a strong feeling like I have an ethereal guide of some kind. I don't know if this is what runs with me in dreams or not-
                        I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post
                          I keep having weird shop experiences.
                          Sometimes when I look at the digital clock,
                          the display is blank. Then I look away for
                          a split second, and look back, and the
                          time is there, displayed on the clock.
                          This has happened a few times.
                          Don't know why. Best I can figure is that
                          my brain is in a laboratory jar somewhere
                          and has been plugged into a computer
                          program, which constitutes my reality.
                          I figure the reason for this, is someone
                          needs my brain to help save the universe
                          sometime in the future, and this reality that
                          I am being fed is just a pacifier to keep it
                          alive until it is needed.

-Doozer
                          11:11 seems to catch me a lot?
                          Mark

Comment

Had a nice dream last night wherein I did not work in a machine shop.
                            Woke up this morning and realized that I did.
                            Not so much paranormal as it is disappointing.

Comment

Told my wife I was mad at her the other day, she asks "what did I do?". I told her it was what she did not do (and should have) she looked at me and said "anything I did in your dream is not my problem".... She was right n, but I no longer recall what it was.

AS you get older you do not dream as much, it seems to be a "reset" mechanism, and apparently that no longer matters much when you are older, so your brain stops doing it.

I find them all here, when I get leaf mulch from the city pile. Also 5/8" combination wrenches.
                              Last edited by J Tiers; 01-08-2021, 07:00 PM.
                              2801 3147 6749 8779 4900 4900 4900

Keep eye on ball.
                              Hashim Khan

It's just a box of rain, I don't know who put it there.

Comment

11:11- more times than I can remember. 100 times perhaps- that wouldn't be a stretch. I wonder if there is a significance to it?
                                I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Working...
                                X