paranormal workshop experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darryl View Post
    11:11- more times than I can remember. 100 times perhaps- that wouldn't be a stretch. I wonder if there is a significance to it?
    The significance is that humans are good at detecting patterns, and sometimes we are too good & call random chance a pattern (it seems I see 12:34 a lot ... and I know I don’t look at the clock just then :-)

Comment

Originally posted by boslab View Post
      11:11 seems to catch me a lot?
      Mark
      Mark 11:11
      Sounds biblical !

-D
      DZER

Comment

Mike Edwards FTW with the 10mm multipack!

True story. A buddy lives near Phoenix and was out hiking in the desert and saw a flash. Yes in the middle of nowhere there was a 1/4 drive 10mm socket.

Comment

Originally posted by challenger View Post
          Most of my shop experiences are paranormal 😁.
          Hopefully the cute little mouse is okay?
          Btw, suggesting you were drilling a mouse is a bad visual. They are, after all, animals AND really small. 😊
          It's okay..... I'm pretty sure he was using a sensitive drill......
          If it wasn't done the hard way, I didn't do it.

Lillooet
          British Columbia
          Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by fjk View Post

The significance is that humans are good at detecting patterns, and sometimes we are too good & call random chance a pattern (it seems I see 12:34 a lot ... and I know I don’t look at the clock just then :-)
            Very true. It's an instinctual thing. Along the lines of the fact that we like seeing things as they are supposed to be. If there are straight line patterns in a forest it jumps out at us.
            Somewhat related, IMO, is an experience I had the other day as I glanced at the TV in my daily breakfast location. I glanced up and saw a commercial with two males kissing. My stomach flipped and I let out an involuntary "UGH" sound. Sorry, not judging here. Just passing on a personal paranormal happening.
            Almost all humans are programmed to survive first and foremost. Lots of what we are uncomfortable seeing, or simply noticing things that are "out of place", are part of the caveman programming. All of this is my own opinion obviously.

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal
              By definition, a vivid dream isn't, nor is feeling repulsed by two males kissing.

Comment

Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal
                By definition, a vivid dream isn't, nor is feeling repulsed by two males kissing.
                Isn't paranormal? Oh my! Thanks goodness!

Comment

Paranormal experiences occur frequently here: https://www.theproprietaryhouse.org/
                  https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/new-...haunted-house/

Comment

If you are discussing THAT... a co-worker's brother had a business in an old police station downtown. He'd lock up, and in the morning the doors would be open, but still locked. Had the locks changed, same thing. Lights that were off would be switched on, stuff moved around, etc. No they had no cleaning service.

As far as I know whatever it was had no particular interest in tools, though. It was a photo and graphics business.

It was discovered that this was nothing new, it had happened before, and tenants usually moved out pretty soon. I understand there was a history of the cops there getting confessions or else. And it was "else" a number of times.

He moved out to a new location, too.
                    3751 6193 2700 3517

Keep eye on ball.
                    Hashim Khan

If you look closely at a digital signal, you find out it is really analog......

Comment

I had one of these just the other day. I was out working in the shop and took a lunch break. Was sitting with my dogs eating and listening to the radio and I kept hearing a weird noise that sounded like it was coming from the other side of the shop (room I was in is about 30'x50'. I went and turned off the radio and sat the quietly until I heard it again. It sounded like someone was taking a metal lid off a jar or something, and dropping the lid on the floor. I got up, walked around the area that I heard it from, couldn't find anything. I kept hearing the noise about every 5 minutes, for the next 2 hours or so. My first thought was it was an animal or something that got inside, but it was a metallic noise. Still no clue what it was but it stopped.

Comment

Ha- I just brought up my computer clock- it was 11:11.
                        I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Originally posted by I make chips View Post
                          Mike Edwards FTW with the 10mm multipack!

True story. A buddy lives near Phoenix and was out hiking in the desert and saw a flash. Yes in the middle of nowhere there was a 1/4 drive 10mm socket.
                          Now the question: was the flash caused by it materialising from nothing, or by it returning from another dimension having hidden there for a while, leading the socket equivalent of the good life?

Incidentally, we visited Chislehurst caves in Kent a few years back, and the guide told us about one of the 'paranormal' TV shows that had been filmed there. Sure enough there were spooky happenings, strange noises and things moving without being touched. Apparently the director was doing it out of shot, throwing small stones and so on. One of the women in our party was quite upset to learn this, as it was one of her favourite shows.

George B.

Comment

When into a 60 man shop closed for the weekend. Was the manager, so I had a key. After picking up my coat, a Bench grinder fires up for no reason. Had it check out on that Monday and all was fine. Never did it again ??

Comment

I've had machines that wouldn't shut off, but not fire up for no reason- that would be scary-
                              I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Originally posted by TGTool View Post
                                It reminds me of an episode Carlos Castaneda writes about early in his experience with his sorcerer teacher and hallucinogenic plants. He experiences himself flying through the air. Afterwards he asks if he was REALLY flying. Don Juan just says it was his experience. Yabbut, if he'd tied himself to a boulder, would he still have been able to fly? Well, he'd just have had to fly with the boulder too. How do we finally, absolutely, completely know what is real and what takes place only in our head since EVERYTHING we experience is through our head?
                                I remember as a little boy having horrific nightmares. I believed that when i went to sleep i was taken to these horrible places. My solution was to tie myself to my bed.

Comment

Working...
                                X