Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lathe chuck with four jaws that has a scroll and individual jaw adjustment?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Black Forest View Post

    That would be a röhm or a roehm. That damn o with the two little points over the top has been a real pain in my butt living here in Germany. I think it takes special muscles to pronounce! If you don't use the umlaut over the top of the o then you spell it with the e after the vowel. There are three vowels that use them in German. a,o,u. Not being critical here just pointing it out. The German language has been very difficult for me to learn. Don't even get me started on the grammar involved with German and all the different dialects.
    If I could remember how with the keyboard put those on when needed I would! BUT... how can we possibly remember the "correct" grammar/spelling when the company itself doesn't use them here! For your entertainment, click on this : Company | ROHM Semiconductor

    Comment


    • #17
      I thought it was Hard - ingy

      let me add a little seasoning to that soup...


      as for the combi chucks, they sound like a good solution if you need to offset the work and do multiples without having to dial each piece in every time. Otherwise it sounds like a right pain in the ar$e.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by lakeside53 View Post

        If I could remember how with the keyboard put those on when needed I would! BUT... how can we possibly remember the "correct" grammar/spelling when the company itself doesn't use them here! For your entertainment, click on this : Company | ROHM Semiconductor
        Different company I believe. As I said I was not ragging on you. It is just hard for my brain to embrace the German language. With the gender of a noun being so much a part of the German language and tied to the structure of a sentence. Der, Die and Das..........instead of THE. You have to remember the gender of a noun in order to correctly write or speak German. Even the Germans will stand around and discuss whether something is Der, Die or Das. And while we are on it why the hell do they put the verbs at the end of a sentence but not always? Bull****.
        Location: The Black Forest in Germany

        How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

        Comment


        • #19
          They are easy to use and not just for "offset" - I find them far easier than a set-tru for dialing in any work. Once dialed in for a diameter (or square or...) they repeat like any other scroll chuck. The only place they suck if for hex rod!

          Comment


          • #20
            [QUOTE=Doozer;n1921104]

            .................................................. .................................................
            they pronounce Hardinge and say Har-dinge, like dingy dishes,
            it's Har-ding, like ringing a bell. .................................................

            Don't knock mis-pronunciations. I once got a Hardinge machine for scrap price because the seller advertised it as a Hard-hinge machine.

            Comment


            • #21
              [QUOTE=DR;n1921163]
              Originally posted by Doozer View Post

              .................................................. .................................................
              they pronounce Hardinge and say Har-dinge, like dingy dishes,
              it's Har-ding, like ringing a bell. .................................................

              Don't knock mis-pronunciations. I once got a Hardinge machine for scrap price because the seller advertised it as a Hard-hinge machine.
              The last Hardinge 2nd op lathe we bought at work, we paid $75 including tooling because the auctioneer listed it as a drillpress.
              I just need one more tool,just one!

              Comment


              • #22
                There is a desirable brand of bending and forming machinery that are commonly listed on eBay with the name misspelled . I always search on the correct name and misspellings. And, I'm not going to tell what the machines are.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Black Forest View Post

                  And while we are on it why the hell do they put the verbs at the end of a sentence but not always? Bull**** .
                  So like Yoda they speak.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by DR View Post
                    There is a desirable brand of bending and forming machinery that are commonly listed on eBay with the name misspelled . I always search on the correct name and misspellings. And, I'm not going to tell what the machines are.
                    I do the same for a desirable lathe and its parts, and I'm not telling either!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Black Forest View Post

                      Different company I believe. As I said I was not ragging on you. It is just hard for my brain to embrace the German language. With the gender of a noun being so much a part of the German language and tied to the structure of a sentence. Der, Die and Das..........instead of THE. You have to remember the gender of a noun in order to correctly write or speak German. Even the Germans will stand around and discuss whether something is Der, Die or Das. And while we are on it why the hell do they put the verbs at the end of a sentence but not always? Bull****.
                      Tell them to also put spaces between words. Frigg.

                      If you want to talk gender, try Japanese. I worked in Japan - they would literally stop dead (or snicker) if I stumbled (I always did) and messed up the gender either the target or as the speaker.. OK, I understand in English ships are implicitly "she" (not that anyone knows) but does every damn thing have to be specified??? I would try to argue that xxxx is still xxxx no matter the gender. lol... good luck.

                      I just spoke like a woman; easier as it's tolerated from a foreigner.
                      Last edited by lakeside53; 01-10-2021, 07:46 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        In Finnish there is no word for he or she, just hän which is used for everyone.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by lakeside53 View Post

                          Tell them to also put spaces between words. Frigg.

                          If you want to talk gender, try Japanese. I worked in Japan - they would literally stop dead (or snicker) if I stumbled (I always did) and messed up the gender either the target or as the speaker.. OK, I understand in English ships are implicitly "she" (not that anyone knows) but does every damn thing have to be specified??? I would try to argue that xxxx is still xxxx no matter the gender. lol... good luck.

                          I just spoke like a woman; easier as it's tolerated from a foreigner.
                          As far as masculine or feminine based objects,
                          It has always been that dogs are male and cats are female.
                          If you refer to a pet owner's dog, and say he is chasing his tale,
                          they constantly need to correct me that their dog is a female.
                          I don't give a rat's azz. To correct me because I referred to your
                          dog as a male by default, and you have the gall to correct me?
                          Stick it there Ralph Malph. People need to get their head out
                          of their azz. If it is a baby, and it is not emblazed with either
                          pink or blue, I do have the courtesy to ask the sex. But pets?
                          Cry me a river there Charles. Get real.

                          --Doozer
                          DZER

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Returning briefly to the subject of combi chucks, Bison produce them in both 3 and 4 jaw types.

                            All of the Germans I have spoken to (in English) have had an excellent command of the language.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I think I'll just leave this here...

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	german-scrabble.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	1921482

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by nickel-city-fab View Post
                                I think I'll just leave this here...

                                Click image for larger version

Name:	german-scrabble.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	1921482
                                Plain as day. Floorsandingmachinerental...........what is the problem?
                                Location: The Black Forest in Germany

                                How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X