No announcement yet.

Flexible drive / bit holder that lasts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would think that are not intended to torque up things, but are for speeding up the fitting and removing of nuts in confined spaces where your ratchet only manages a few degrees at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by old mart View Post
      I would think that are not intended to torque up things, but are for speeding up the fitting and removing of nuts in confined spaces where your ratchet only manages a few degrees at a time.
      lol, I got all mixed up reading my tabs, and thought this was Black forests belt thread. I got a good chuckle reading your post in that context ha ha. Carry on....

Comment

Originally posted by Lew Hartswick View Post
        Yep ! You don't think those Chinese put satellites up and build Nuclear armed rockets with the tools the US imports do you ??? :-)
        ...lew...
        Exactly, same with India. Always makes me wonder if the end user really doesn't know its the end user's Country that is importing the bottom of the barrel. Oh well.
        My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Like I've written previously, the stuff produced for the domestic chinese market, is infact worse on average than what is exported (verfied by expats living in china). As was found out on a wider scale with the mask shortages and they started sending stuff meant for domestic hospitals to western countries.

I guess the Chinese can make good stuff, if you really harang them about it, if you got inspectors in their factories and check every delivery sorta thing. But the moment you stop, they try and save money and cut corners, it's been explained that it's a deeply ingrained cultural thing and something everybody simply does, it's expected and not even something to feel shame over if you get caught. Their own government can probably put a whole lot more pressure than that to scare the factory into complying with their specs.

But I don't buy chinese because I think they can make good stuff, I know it's mostly ****, but it's cheap and might work good enough, that's the only reason ever. If I had to spend serious money on something, china wouldn't even be on the list.
          Last edited by DennisCA; 01-14-2021, 02:44 AM.

Comment

yes, these breake often. i use couplings either in a shrink tube or a rubber hose.

Comment

The quality of Chinese carbide inserts has improved greatly in recent years, and their toolholders aren't bad either. As said already, they can make good stuff, and just think where your Iphone comes from, not the USA for sure.

Comment

Working...
              X