Radius Gages any users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radius Gages any users?

Was going through some Garage Sale Stuff from a few years back and found this Fujihogu Radius Gage Set that I had forgotten about,any of you guys use these? Click image for larger version

Name:	980B5A31-608D-40D4-8C10-B0E73DF6D401.jpeg
Views:	500
Size:	3.27 MB
ID:	1921368 Click image for larger version

Name:	7FBFD293-1ED0-474C-BDF7-5368F2D4E51D.jpeg
Views:	489
Size:	3.37 MB
ID:	1921369

That's one of my nice to have but really don't need to have items that stays in the bottom of the box. Lots of times I've almost completed something by improvising before I remember I have the set. Don't plan on parting with them, though. They don't take up too much space.

Comment

I have some, they don't get used often, good for comparing a rad that is of unsure size.

Comment

Once or twice a year mine see the light of day at work.

Comment

I dont use them often, but when i do they really work good.. use them often for grinding toolkits for form tools.

Comment

I have a set---in fact I have two sets, one set metric and one set imperial. They very seldom get used. I also have metric and imperial thread gauges somewhere, but haven't been able to find them for the last two or three months.
            Brian Rupnow
            Design engineer
            Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Radius gauges are essential if you know that the customer has an inspection dept. and will measure the parts. If a customer has a CMM then you will need to measure just about every feature.

Comment

Used them a lot on an optical projector, ready made templates for radii on extrusions, hardly ever since, I had mine on a key ring thing for small radii, not as fancy as those ones (Moore and Wright)
                used them for drawing too, though the plastic ones with the centre lines are better
                mark

Comment

I've got inch, metric and the large sized set....awesome at holding the drawers down. ok, sometimes they get used, but its not super common in my shop
                  in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

I've used them a lot over the years for checking radaii well as grinding tool bits. Also for scribing a line on a piece that I need to belt sand a certain size radius on.
                    OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

I have a couple of sets, one has internal and external radii from 1/32' to 1/4" by 64ths but it's missing the 1/32 external radius gauge which I never noticed when I bought it. I've never needed to use it so that hasn't been a problem. I have another one that's just an oblong plate with notches around the outside for external radii from 1/8" to 1" by 1/16ths and which also has a 11/32'' thrown in for good measure. I may have used that one a couple of times.

I also have a third set for internal radii bearing the name B. Greening Wire Company Limited. It's a very strange gauge set...it has: 1/4 + 1/64, 5/16 + 1/64, 3/8 +1/32, 7/16 + 1/32, 1/2 + 1/32, 9/16 + 1/32, 5/8 + 1/32, 3/4 + 1/32, 7/8 + 3/64, 1 + 3/64, 1 1/8 + 3/64 and 1 1/4 +1/16. I have absolutely no idea what that gauge set was intended to measure and I bought it just for curiosity's sake. It and the other two sets I mentioned were cheap and I bought them just to be able to say "Yes. I have radii gauges!"

Comment

Good for checking radius on shaft vs chamfer to see if low clearance or safe..
                        when you guys machine a replacement for a broken shaft.. no drawing... what do you guys use to make a corner radius ?
                        Last edited by 754; 01-11-2021, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Thanks for replies Guys,I will be in the majority as most of you I think with limited use.

Comment

Same as the rest, don't used them more than once every few years. Mostly when I am modeling something real life in CAD.

Comment

One of those tools that doesn't get used very often--in the average shop, anyway--but comes in damn
                              handy when you really need it. I have two sets that go up to 1" or something like that; I'd have to look
                              to see for sure. Probably use mine most when I'm reverse engineering a part; makes it easy to check
                              any radii that need to be duplicated...
                              Keith

Comment

Working...
                              X