We need to design a new belt together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need to design a new belt together

I bet you thought I was talking about a belt to drive a machine! Wrong! We need to design a belt to go around my waist that has a built in come-along to get the button of my jeans over to the button hole. Since the Christmas sweets I have been doing the girly shimmy thing to get my jeans closed. A range of motion of about 3" would do the trick. Thread the belt through the belt loops and then somehow have a ratchet strap thingy to get the button to the hole. Or maybe a bolt with a two hooks.......The problem is not that I am overweight. It is the long Johns I am tellin ya!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Heavy Duty Ratchet Strap

Comment

Comment

Well, if you're going to build it you'll need to come up with a mini hydraulic power pack and actuators first. No doubt it will also need some sophisticated electronics to calculate the 'bulk of those long-johns' every time you activate it. Limit switches not recommended.
        Southwest Utah

Comment

I think this is how you know you've reached the age for Braces......Don't fight it, resistance is futile.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
            I think this is how you know you've reached the age for Braces......Don't fight it, resistance is futile.
            Dan it is the Long Johns. Not my belly. My wife keeps telling me she is going to order me jeans in the next size up. I keep telling her it is not necessary. When winter is over I will be slim again. She ain't buying it. Also I can tell you that Wrangler uses some really strong thread to hold the button on. I keep thinking when that button would let go it might kill someone standing in front of me.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Not sure what a long john is where you are, but here in Lancaster County PA, in the Pennsylvania German area they look like this.

Long Raised yeast base donut stick, liberally covered with frosting, vannilla, chocolate, or my favorite peanut butter.

These guys actually mail order them, Achenbachs Pastries

https://www.shop.achenbachs.com/main.sc

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0acd8b788bdda05e03471d0dc41866e9.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	1921546 He has no problem, shoulder straps is the way to go.

Beaver County Alberta Canada

Comment

add 100lbs and you can start making youtube machining videos.......

Comment

Ask your wife to get you one of those old fashioned corsets, I'm sure she would be happy to stand behind you tightening up the laces.

Comment

I wore a belt all my life, until my mid 50's, when my body began to take on more "mature" proportions. Once your belly is bigger than your hip bones, it's pretty damned hard to get by on a belt alone. For a few years I still wore a belt, with suspenders. As I got to my mid sixties, I realized that all the belt was doing was making me damned uncomfortable and absolutely nothing for holding up my pants, so the belt was retired. Now I wear suspenders (also called braces) and can plainly see why my dad and all of my uncles wore the same.---Brian
                      Brian Rupnow
                      Design engineer
                      Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Around here these belts are very popular. I have had one for years and have never needed a different size. Just tie the knot in a different place. For a come-a-long effect use a truckers knot.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Edwards View Post
                          Hey id buy that even if used just once a year for thanksgiving lol

Iv always admired the hyena --- they can scarf down 1/3 or their body weight in a single gorging...

Comment

Comment

That video made me think of this...

Comment

Working...
                              X