We need to design a new belt together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No doubt M.E. Arcane, not the place for sharp objects

iv always thought an auto timing belt would make an ideal belt - infinite adjustments, just have to build the receiver latch and cut to size, I do have a couple saved just for this whenever i get bored and have the time will post...

Comment

This should work! https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kinedyne-10...f-611e5814e55c
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Hawkeye; 01-13-2021, 11:58 PM.
      When I get Time... I'll...

Comment

Originally posted by brian Rupnow View Post
        I wore a belt all my life, until my mid 50's, when my body began to take on more "mature" proportions. Once your belly is bigger than your hip bones, it's pretty damned hard to get by on a belt alone. For a few years I still wore a belt, with suspenders. As I got to my mid sixties, I realized that all the belt was doing was making me damned uncomfortable and absolutely nothing for holding up my pants, so the belt was retired. Now I wear suspenders (also called braces) and can plainly see why my dad and all of my uncles wore the same.---Brian
        I'm damn close to that point. There's a very narrow window between actually holding em up and uncomfortable now. I usually wear a 1" nylon web belt with a clamp lock, so there's continuous adjustment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	29705T29p1-h07h-digitall@1x_637170010672403278.png
Views:	79
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	1921816

Comment

Originally posted by gellfex View Post

I'm damn close to that point. There's a very narrow window between actually holding em up and uncomfortable now. I usually wear a 1" nylon web belt with a clamp lock, so there's continuous adjustment.
          I made a couple of similar nylon web belts, but using the Fastex buckles. Like a pulley, they give you a 2:1 advantage when cinching.

Click image for larger version  Name:	71pVD-OhzFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg Views:	0 Size:	109.4 KB ID:	1921988
          It's all mind over matter.
          If you don't mind, it don't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhoopee View Post

I made a couple of similar nylon web belts, but using the Fastex buckles. Like a pulley, they give you a 2:1 advantage when cinching.

Click image for larger version Name:	71pVD-OhzFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg Views:	0 Size:	109.4 KB ID:	1921988
            Those work, but I find them a bit more annoying to thread through the belt loops than just the end of the webbing.

Comment

Working...
            X