OT 3D printer problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT 3D printer problem

I was gifted a not working Anycubic Kossel linear plus 3d printer that I’m having problems with. The Z axis end stop probe does not stop the z axis when tripped, I have confirmed through Pronterface that it does trip when pushed in. My understanding is with a Delta machine that although not absolutely needed, it is highly recommended to calibrate and bed level with the probe. Does anyone have any experience with these?

Since you got this not working, assume that the previous owner may have swapped the switch terminals from normally closed to normally open or the reverse. Use your ohm meter to verify that the switch is working properly too. It may have bad contacts.

Comment

Maybe the previous owner messed with the firmware and didn't enable the bed leveling? Just a wild guess.

Comment

I have checked the switch and it is correct. The interface I use Pronterface shows whether any of the end stops are open or tripped confirming my multimeter test. I have downloaded a newer firmware (Marlin 1.1.9.1) and bed leveling and the correct probe are enabled. The way I test the probe is to manually move the head away from home, execute the auto home and push in the probe and it does not stop the Z movement. I don't want to try to calibration and auto bed leveling until this is right. I have it second hand (my sons girlfriends co-workers husband) that there was a 'software' problem. When I received it nothing was working, the display screen was a series of blank squares. I've got it to the point where everything is good except the probe, which I suspect is a firmware setting, but I can't seem to find it.
        Last edited by Stu; 01-13-2021, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Sounds like you are on the correct path. Could be the probe is only enabled during bed leveling, and your method of testing will not work.

Comment

You may be right, maybe I'll try it with my finger on the off switch so I don't crash it.

Comment

Hey RB you were right, I got it to calibrate. Thanks

Comment

Glad to help.

Comment

Working...
                X