Is This Price For Real ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JRouche View Post

Ever since they killed enco I cant afford to shop with them.. Without enco I would be shopping at HF still JR
    I thought they bought out enco. Devour the competition.

JL..................

Comment

Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post
      It's only money. Some people spend more then that on alcohol in a month. Where the benefit?
      I’m sure there are some wealthy people that can spend that much on high end alcohol in a given month but $100 a day is not what your typical person spends.

I’m also sure that the people that do spend that on alcohol in a month don’t see the benefit of that vise as much as you don’t see the benefit of their choices.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLee View Post
        I thought they bought out enco. Devour the competition.

JL..................
        I always thought Enco was the drain hole for MSC. Enco for the "hobbiest" that can take the time to find a good deal and MSC for the "professional" that doesnt have the time to shop for the deal. JR
        My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Heck I have a bullet Wilton, that I paid $15 for. That's 266x less than that thing on MSC. Of course mine does not have the swivel, but it does have a better base than those new chinese versions.
          2801 3147 6749 8779 4900 4900 4900

Keep eye on ball.
          Hashim Khan

It's just a box of rain, I don't know who put it there.

Comment

Biggest Wilton- a real Wilton, not one of the rebadged imports- at my local non-box-store hardware place, was $1,700 last I looked. Wouldn't be surprised if it's 18 or 19 by now.

But that's still half the price of that one...

Doc.
            Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Comment

Ever since "YouTube Influencers" got a wild hair up their ass about bench vises, they got stupid expensive, even used ones.
              Don't believe me? People going ape**** over some fake glass gumball machine thing at Target because some influencer did an art project with one. My sister was going to take a day off work to go to target to get this 3$ item. She asked my wife to look at our Target for it. They were sold old, Target employees told her about all the crazies coming in looking for it.
              Yeah, Abom79 got the vise hair too, he had a couple of videos showing his proud bench vise collection, and I'm left thinking, "They are just god damn vises you probably paid too much for"

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Nickel View Post
                Biggest Wilton- a real Wilton, not one of the rebadged imports- at my local non-box-store hardware place, was $1,700 last I looked. Wouldn't be surprised if it's 18 or 19 by now.

But that's still half the price of that one...

Doc.
                Well Doc, I look up to you with what we do.

What is a "real Wilton" ? Does it have to have badges? Or Name Plates? I dont know.

Oh? I said Badged because you said "rebadged imports". I was confused, casting marks cant be rebadged. I was thinking VIN Switch. Oh well.

I will be righting up a lil post about a vise Bob gave me Gratuitous Bob... JR
                My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

you know its a slow moving SKU when you put into print "one left". Actually a bit funny, likes there's been one left for tens years, since they first took stock of the product and brought "one" in
                  in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
                    Ever since "YouTube Influencers" got a wild hair up their ass about bench vises, they got stupid expensive, even used ones.
                    Don't believe me? People going ape**** over some fake glass gumball machine thing at Target because some influencer did an art project with one. My sister was going to take a day off work to go to target to get this 3$ item. She asked my wife to look at our Target for it. They were sold old, Target employees told her about all the crazies coming in looking for it.
                    Yeah, Abom79 got the vise hair too, he had a couple of videos showing his proud bench vise collection, and I'm left thinking, "They are just god damn vises you probably paid too much for"
                    X2 That why I quit watching ABOM!

Comment

That kinda makes this look like a bargain.

https://tula-bug.co.uk/for_sale/large-bugatti-vice/
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                      Sole proprietor of Acme Buggy Whips Ltd.
                      Specialty products for beating dead horses.

Comment

Joe lee, I hope you have informed your insurance company of that vise.

Comment

Originally posted by Beazld View Post
                          That kinda makes this look like a bargain.

https://tula-bug.co.uk/for_sale/large-bugatti-vice/
                          Why buy a used Monarch 10EE when you can have that vise instead? You're a serious engineer. You need that vise.

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
                            Your right....... I can't see where any vise is worth that much. A precision Kurt vise doesn't cost that much does it ??

The specs say precision slide bar .002 fit. How long does that hold for ? It's a bench vise... dirt, grit, grinding and filings working it's way in compounded by the force of tightly closing and beating on something being held. that .002 won't hold for very long.

JL...............

Comment

Originally posted by old mart View Post
                              Joe lee, I hope you have informed your insurance company of that vise.
                              Yea...... someone might walk off with it !

JL..........................

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgyver View Post
                                you know its a slow moving SKU when you put into print "one left". Actually a bit funny, likes there's been one left for tens years, since they first took stock of the product and brought "one" in
                                I took it the other way............ like they are flying off the shelf.

JL.............

Comment

Working...
                                X