Kool Mist #77 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kool Mist #77 ??

I bought a gallon of this stuff back during the summer.
    It it says mix 4 oz per gallon of water.
    I don't want to mix a gallon, maybe one quart for my mister.
    So does the mixing ratio break down evenly like 1 oz. per quart ?
    I've I've seen instances where ratios don't hold like that.

JL.....

Originally posted by JoeLee View Post
    ....I've I've seen instances where ratios don't hold like that.

JL.....
    Um, where ?
    Maybe the metric system ?????????????????

-D
    DZER

Comment

It's a ratio. The chemicals can't know if you mixed up one ounce or a thousand gallons.

Comment

You can mix by volume or mix by weight.
        That might be what you are thinking of.

-D
        DZER

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post

Um, where ?
          Maybe the metric system ?????????????????

-D
          I don't remember where, but I have run into mix ratios that don't break down evenly like that.

JL..............

Comment

I don't remember where, but I have run into mix ratios that don't break down evenly like that.

JL..............
            I think that was alcohol.

Comment

It's 32:1 if that makes it easier. So, you could fill up any sized container 32 times, then add 1 container of the kool-mist, to achieve the recommended dilution. You were in auto paint and body IIRC, so just like the 4:2:1 mix one might use with some paints. I often used Dixie cups as the arbitrary measuring unit, to mix up the correct amount of paint I needed.
              Were the Kool-mist concentrate 5 ounces per gallon, it would be just over a 25:1 ratio. They make it an easily divisible number (4oz/gal) simply to make life easier for its users. ounces and quarts being common and understood.

Comment

Ahh, but -- !

OP did not say where he located, so is this a US Gallon (128 fl oz.), or an Imperial gallon (160 fl oz.)? (Kidding. Kool MIst is a US company, so of course they mean a US gallon. Otherwise they would have specified Liters. )

Apart from all that, most of these things are not at all fussy, and you could probably deviate quite a bit from the "recommended ratio" and still get perfectly acceptable results.
                "A machinist's (WHAP!) best friend (WHAP! WHAP!) is his hammer. (WHAP!)" - Fred Tanner, foreman, Lunenburg Foundry and Engineering machine shop, circa 1979

Comment

JL..............
                  Making Rice is one. I eat rice often. If you make 1 cup dry you use one amount of water. If you make four cup dry the ration is not the same. Sorry, not what you were looking for..

Oh, one more. Car body paints. I was mixing up a two (three part) part paint and the reducer was not scalable either. JR

P.S: Go to Trico, no diluting needed JR

Click image for larger version

Name:	trico.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	2.82 MB
ID:	1922871
                  Last edited by JRouche; 01-20-2021, 01:45 AM.
                  My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Originally posted by JRouche View Post

Making Rice is one. I eat rice often. If you make 1 cup dry you use one amount of water. If you make four cup dry the ration is not the same. Sorry, not what you were looking for..

Oh, one more. Car body paints. I was mixing up a two (three part) part paint and the reducer was not scalable either. JR

P.S: Go to Trico, no diluting needed JR

Click image for larger version  Name:	trico.jpg Views:	26 Size:	2.82 MB ID:	1922871
                    Thanks JR, I'm sure at this point some are thinking I'm stupid for asking this question.
                    I know I've seen it before, paint formulas for one. Mixing components change with the amount mixed. I'll have to check the breakdown of some of my mixing formulas.

The kool mist you have looks to be pre-mixed. Never saw that one before and my mister is made by Trico. It came with a small sample bottle that mixed up a gallon.

JL.................

Comment

The kool mist you have looks to be pre-mixed. Never saw that one before and my mister is made by Trico. It came with a small sample bottle that mixed up a gallon.
                      JL.................
                      Funny, I still have my unopened sample also. Mine is micro drop md-1200. I never installed it because I was going to a flood system, JR

Click image for larger version

Name:	micro drop.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	2.33 MB
ID:	1923005

My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Working...
                      X