Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US has subsidized vaccine and antibody therapies to the tune of ~$9B and has obligations from the manufacturers of successful
    vaccines for 300M doses. These will be given to recipients in US at no cost to vaccinee, but there may be a charge to the
    insurance co for administration costs. Medicare has allowed $17 for first shot and $22 for 2d shot as allowable administration
    charge. Considering paper work and documentation requirements this is not even break even for small operations. Hence the
    need for another $50B or so as a down payment for setting up and funding vaccine sites, which are manned by RNs making
    $30-50/hr and others making $15-20/hr. My recent covid vax was run by a university medical school which converted a
    parking deck and operates 4hrs/day 6 days/wk as long as vax available. There were ~20 people running it and while I was
    there ~30 cars with 1 or 2 people getting shots in each ran through in ~30 minutes.

Considering the $3T in stimulus and hundreds of billions to $Ts lost from decreased economic activity the expenditures above are
    not even peanuts. The "PROFITS" old mart worries about are even more trivial.

Additional considerations on the longer term effects of letting covid drag on will be the educational losses by millions of children
    some of whom will lose essentially 2 yrs of schooling when you consider shut downs since Mar 2020 and extending in some
    cities with avaricious teacher unions til late 2021. And then there are studies like this: https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/c...ades-new-study
    Last edited by sch; 01-25-2021, 11:03 PM.
    Steve

Comment

I find it amazing how touchy some guys are on this forum. Seriously intolerant. Hell ,my favourite site with 58 000 members is a 4x4 site. There is a Trump thread that is on page 387.
      And i live in S Africa.
      Living in darkest Africa there is a serious amount of corruption. I think they are all fighting and killing each other for the tenders. But it seems the richest countries have bought plenty and left little for the rest of the poor world.
      We will have to wait and see. S Africa has also got a new strain that they reckon is far far more catchy, but maybe not more deadly.
      There is a parasite medicine for treatment of animals called Ivermectin that seems to have amazing results.
      It prevents catching it and helps recovery when you have caught it .
      But the vets have run out. I think they must have been curious why so many dogs were suddenly getting a need to treat their worms.

Its also dead cheap.
      Guess I will have to wait a long time before I get a chance to have a vaccine. The State wants to control it so Its not like I can get an injection, even if I want to pay for it. At least for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post

You would not believe me no matter what I presented, so why should I waste my time?
        The burden to verify the truth is on you sir, not me.

-D
        The amount of mercury (thimerosol) in a dose of vaccine is far less than the mercury in a can o tuna. The burden on me is to heed my BS alarm whenever it goes off. I have a couple pounds of mercury left over from my placer mining days. I'm very cautious of it, but I don't run screaming away from it. Oh, by the way, I'm scheduled for my covid shot from the V A this coming Thursday, and the better half got hers last Friday.
        Last edited by Corbettprime; 01-26-2021, 02:22 AM.

Comment

the price the nhs gets charged is immaterial. after distribution (refrigiration), storage and application the relevant cost will be a large multiple of that and including opportunity costs i would estimate it at $1'000.- per shot.

Comment

It seems like we should be able to figure out a workable and efficient distribution plan in this day and age when back in the stone age of the 1950's they were able to immunize people by the 1000's for polio and smallpox. I realize that it is not apples and apples, but wouldn't you think that with all the alphabet soup agencies like FEMA etc., someone, somewhere, should have come up with a viable plan?

Comment

Originally posted by Corbettprime View Post

The amount of mercury (thimerosol) in a dose of vaccine is far less than the mercury in a can o tuna. The burden on me is to heed my BS alarm whenever it goes off. I have a couple pounds of mercury left over from my placer mining days. I'm very cautious of it, but I don't run screaming away from it. Oh, by the way, I'm scheduled for my covid shot from the V A this coming Thursday, and the better half got hers last Friday.
              So you did indeed have your own answer predisposed in your mind even before you challenged my declarative.
              Why did you even bother? What is in it for you?

-D
              DZER

Comment

Working...
              X