Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mill vice Jaws ID ( odd size )

Delete
    Last edited by XR616; 01-27-2021, 08:22 PM.

If you can post a picture of the vise it would help. You may have to make your own, assuming you have a mill as well as the vise. I made a set of aluminium jaws a couple of years ago and still haven't used them. Mild steel would be accaptable, and you can give them a skim if they get damaged.

Comment

Welcome TIA,
      Lost dog. One eye, 3 legs, responds to Lucky
      would be a better description without a picture.

-D
      DZER

Comment

The jaw looks new, a pair would last the life of the vise unless used by a very ham fisted owner. A picture of the vise would be more useful.

Comment

CHICK vise maybe ?

-D
          DZER

Comment

That looks just like my 6" Elephant ELV-150E, purchased from Enco probably 20 years ago.

Comment

Another vote for Elephant.

-D
              DZER

Comment

Nope, sorry. The 'height from the bottom' is roughly .900 on mine.

Comment

The vise is one of the relatively cheap Kurt clones, probably from Taiwan or China. I have a Chinese 5" version which I could afford, unlike the Kurt which is for the rich hobbyists and professional users.
                  I still think that as the jaws are undamaged, there is no need to worry about replacements, anypne with a mill could easily make a set, no bother.

Comment

Originally posted by XR616
                    Yes, I can make jaws, not the point, from my original post. When I hand this off and the guy wants soft jaws or something else I would like to be able to say, you have to get XYZ brand jaws to fit this. It’s not a Kurt style vise. I appreciate the responses so far, just hoping someone out there has the same one.
                    Man!?! You are a real humanitarian. Geezzz..

-D
                    DZER

Comment

What do you think the person who you are passing the vise to is going to be doing with it, using it as a door stop?

Comment

Working...
                      X