Semi OT: tractor cab build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi OT: tractor cab build

Wanted to share my project of the past few weeks. My JD came with an “Original Tractor Cab” brand soft cab which I used one winter and found quite mediocre so I never reinstalled. 2 years later I got around to designing and building my own. Reused to plastic top ans wiper motors only. Front and rear glass are safety glass and sides are all lexan. Only machining content is the door hinges. Let me know if there any questions on the build.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Very nice job!

Comment

I don’t see where the air conditioner for summer use is mounted.

A farmer I knew got a new tractor with an air conditioned cab. I commented to him that I always see farmers with a fancy pickup truck parked at the edge of the field while they sit in the heat and dust for 12-16 hours plowing and tilling. His reply was “ I have no idea why we did that! I have AC, cell phone and internet, stereo and GPS. Doesn’t seem much like work and I don’t even get dirty!”

Comment

Lol my plan is to take it off every summer. Too nice in Maine to sit in a cab with or without AC.

Comment

Nice build. I like something that make more comfort. Looks like a factory job.

-D
          DZER

Comment

Looks great! Did you put a wiper on the rear also?
            I cut it off twice; it's still too short
            Oregon, USA

Comment

Awesome job. You could probably sell those.

Comment

Very nice JC. I have looked at a few cab builds on some of the tractor forums, and I must say that yours is an excellent job. Speaking of summer, couldn't you just remove the doors and still have a sunshade? Down here in the Ohio River valley, air conditioning is almost a necessity. Temps in the high nineties and humidity to match.
                Sarge41

Comment

That's a really nice and proper job! It looks like or better than a factory cab.
                  Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

No rear wiper at this time but I can easily add one. And yes I designed and built it so the doors lift off. My lawn is flat and has some lower trees and so I would run the ROPS folded all summer, the the plan will be to remove the cab but it could always stay. The front and rear glass both come out easily as well. I estimate I can disassemble and install ROPS in under an hour by myself.

Comment

Nice job! I'm sure it's much more comfortable to use in the winter. Do you have a blower, or plow on the front?

Comment

Looks good. When I was 13 or 14 I talked my Dad into getting a buzz box so I could make a cab for our Massey 35 w/ a snow blower. Angle iron, plywood and plexiglass. It didn't look as nice as yours, but with a long farm lane and on top of a large ridge where the wind just howled it was like a gift form the gods. The drifting was so bad we'd often have to blow the driveway several times a day. We'd get dense 6' high or more drifts at the road (where the banks from the grader were). Mine was held on by gravity, it straddled the back axle and the frame of the front end loader, Dad and I could lift it off. Thanks for the pic and the memory.
                        in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
                          Nice job! I'm sure it's much more comfortable to use in the winter. Do you have a blower, or plow on the front?
                          54” blower.

Comment

Working...
                          X