ID:	1924302 Click image for larger version

Name:	A99D96DE-1AA1-4716-8B8A-CA19F381031F.png
Views:	283
Size:	4.51 MB
ID:	1924303 Click image for larger version

Name:	30C001CA-617C-4638-A4BA-A449AF66DEA0.png
Views:	283
Size:	4.79 MB
ID:	1924304 Here are some Pics of a old JD Doall that I helped a friend refurbish,initially thought was 1928 model but looking like a 1937 possible.

Originally posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post
    [/ATTACH] Here are some Pics of a old JD Doall that I helped a friend refurbish,initially thought was 1928 model but looking like a 1937 possible.
    Yes. Some of the best work I have seen on a very nice machine.. JR
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Looks brand new! πŸ‘

Comment

Now you did it ! Its too nice to use. I love my Doall bandsaw and use it more than I ever dreamed I would.

Comment

Very nice.
          Beaver County Alberta Canada

Comment

Are those Dayton wide Floats on the steer axle of you Autocar?
            I would love to get some for my fire truck. International made
            the front axles especially narrow on those older trucks, and
            wide floats would really dress out the front end. Currently the
            tires are about 6" inside the fenders. I need to open the
            Accuride catalogue and see what is available. Just not sure
            what offset I need as not to rub the steering knuckle on the spindle.

-Doozer
            DZER

Comment

Beautiful job, TTT.
              Glenn Bird

Comment

Very nice Tundra. I've noticed you pay attention to the details on these refurbish jobs. Kudos to you.
                Ron

Comment

Thanks Guys it’s a pretty cool old saw with very little info and I did lots of digging around Web.I also talked to a 38 year employee at Doall factory that was knowledgeable on older saws,he said info on pre 1938 is scarce.He said they have two JD models 2 wheel saws (12”) in there Museum but no 3 Wheel Models(18”) like this one.

I did a some digging on Bandsaw Patents in this era and Grob Bros. &Doall were fighting in court about infringement in 1934.

I found some pics of Blade Brazer that this one is missing all of it,the Motor is original I think with only bushing no bearing.The bushing must be made of Kryptonite as only got 1 thou movement motor runs glass smooth.

Doozer the tires on Autocar are Bridgestone L315 445/65R 22.5 Load Rating 12300 lbs they are called Super Singles sometimes. Click image for larger version

Name:	D30A51E9-F4A3-4125-9AD6-3A5DF136BE05.png
Views:	173
Size:	600.1 KB
ID:	1924425 Click image for larger version

Name:	CC1A67FA-D1E0-4F71-98F1-2D039801BD0B.png
Views:	168
Size:	840.7 KB
ID:	1924426
                  Attached Files

Comment

Very nice job as usual! We had an old Grob vertical bandsaw at work before we got our DoAll. I don't know who was copying who, but some features of both saws were very similar, too similar to be coincidence.
                    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

To this day, Grob makes and well sell you cold rolled spline and pinion gear stock.
                      They have the equipment to make the gears for their transmissions, and Grob
                      really had better gearboxes than Doall, their heat treat on their gears and shafts
                      were better too. Go to their web site if you want to check their products out.

-Doozer
                      DZER

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post
                        To this day, Grob makes and well sell you cold rolled spline and pinion gear stock.
                        They have the equipment to make the gears for their transmissions, and Grob
                        really had better gearboxes than Doall, their heat treat on their gears and shafts
                        were better too. Go to their web site if you want to check their products out.

-Doozer
                        Yeah, but their guides suck ass compared to a Do-All. Dad and my major complaint with his. Very poorly designed.

TTT, your work looks excellent like always. Well done!
                        21" Royersford Excelsior CamelBack Drillpress Restoration
                        1943 Sidney 16x54 Lathe Restoration

Comment

Thanks Guys as Doozer said the Grobs Gearboxes and variable sheaves drives are the ticket.My friend just bought a 2011 24 Grob that is nearly unused with every available option,when he gets it home will have to check out the carbide guides its equipped with.As Butcher said I favour the Doall Blade Guide but are curious to see these Grob Carbide ones.

Comment

Not sure about Grob guides, but DoAll used carbide flat guides on some of their horizontal saws.
                            Even with 90Β° blade twist, they last for years and years.

-D
                            DZER

Comment

As far as I know the carbide block blade guides in this Do All saw have been in constant use for well over 20 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X