No announcement yet.

SHCS and material thickness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to side with Lew. Very little information to start with and not enough afterwards to say any thing other than generalities. No surprise only 15% are on topic. The rest are what if’s, which is a natural progression of a conversation with little specific info.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyb View Post
      I have to side with Lew. Very little information to start with and not enough afterwards to say any thing other than generalities. No surprise only 15% are on topic. The rest are what if’s, which is a natural progression of a conversation with little specific info.
      Yes first post wasn’t very clear. I did clear it up on the first page though.

From what I see, Lew just likes to come into threads and bitch about what’s going (or not going on). So Lew, do you want to add anything useful to this thread? You can pick either the topic I was looking for info on or you can go with thread engagement where some in this thread went. It’s your choice. Others in here have already posted a lot of useful info, what do you have?

Comment

What about the material? So many SHCS come from China and aren't of the quality that they once were. I wonder if American companies still produce general purpose fasteners?

Comment

Originally posted by challenger View Post
          What about the material? So many SHCS come from China and aren't of the quality that they once were. I wonder if American companies still produce general purpose fasteners?
          If it's made of chinese butter-soft "sabotage steel", that would change the thickness that matches the screw strength..... but the same principle applies. I'd still make it for the standard part though, presumably the reason is for strength, and for that you would not be using the "sabotage steel".
          CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
          Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
          Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
          I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
          Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post

"sabotage steel".
            Please explain this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bented View Post

Please explain this.
              Why? Fake parts, you should already know.
              CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
              Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
              Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
              I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
              Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

Working...
              X