X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeLee View Post
    Never heard of them !

JL...............
    We don’t have any Rural King stores in the part of the country I live in, but they are similar to Tractor Supply.

Comment

The pistol grip guns can be handy and on your own personal fleet where you can control service intervals so that ultimate pressure is not required they are a treat when you get a good quality gun.
      This is why I mentioned previously that everyone's own personal requirements will vary greatly. I did not care for them so much only due to the fact that you can't lean on them to clear obstructions the way you can with a lever gun.
      When you get a large mixed fleet of construction equipment you will appreciate the advantages of a gun that can clear obstructions without having to go into a more involved process in order to do so.
      This should not be an issue with one's own personal equipment.

Also as OaklandGB mentioned always clean accumulated dirt and grim from the zerk. This not only prevents pumping that crap into what you are trying to save but it will also prolong the life of the coupler. A good gun along with a high quality long hose and a quality coupler will make for far less frustration.
      Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
      Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLee View Post
        Never heard of them !

JL...............
        I first thought JoeLee was being factious, but took a look and found out that Rural King was big in my part of the country, but that's all. I'm in southern Indiana and can drive 150 miles any direction and find a Rural King store. Other than Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky and Tennessee, that's all. Like someone mentioned, similar to Tractor Supply, but bigger stores. Quite often, they run some good deals on guns.
        Sarge41

Comment

Originally posted by Willy View Post
          The pistol grip guns can be handy and on your own personal fleet where you can control service intervals so that ultimate pressure is not required they are a treat when you get a good quality gun.
          This is why I mentioned previously that everyone's own personal requirements will vary greatly. I did not care for them so much only due to the fact that you can't lean on them to clear obstructions the way you can with a lever gun.
          When you get a large mixed fleet of construction equipment you will appreciate the advantages of a gun that can clear obstructions without having to go into a more involved process in order to do so.
          This should not be an issue with one's own personal equipment.

Also as OaklandGB mentioned always clean accumulated dirt and grim from the zerk. This not only prevents pumping that crap into what you are trying to save but it will also prolong the life of the coupler. A good gun along with a high quality long hose and a quality coupler will make for far less frustration.
          The lever guns I currently have are not bad and seem to provide adequate pressure for what I have used them on thus far. So I probably will just try a longer hose and a locking coupler first. As I'd mentioned, getting away from needing additional hands sounds like it would solve enough of my gripes to keep me happy for the time being.

Once again, good input all around. Thanks for taking the time to chime in.

Comment

Originally posted by sarge41 View Post

I first thought JoeLee was being factious, but took a look and found out that Rural King was big in my part of the country, but that's all. I'm in southern Indiana and can drive 150 miles any direction and find a Rural King store. Other than Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky and Tennessee, that's all. Like someone mentioned, similar to Tractor Supply, but bigger stores. Quite often, they run some good deals on guns.
            Sarge41
            Being from the Northeast, I had never seen a Rural King store either. In fact, even Tractor Supply is a fairly recent arrival in these parts, a few having cropped up only in maybe the past 5 or so years. The only reason I even knew what Rural King was is because I kept seeing mention of it on a tractor forum and looked it up myself to see what it was all about. I do sort of wish we had those around here, they look to be neat stores.

Comment

I’m finding it hard to get good grease guns, I had a cast audco?, great, lost that, bought a tin lever gun, squirts grease but won’t tension catapillar tracks
              mark

Comment

If you are pumping out cat tracks, you will want a good gun, like a Lincoln or any other non-imports.
                Sarge41

Comment

Working...
                X