Practical machinist.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practical machinist.com

Time is 07.15GMT on Thursday 6th April. I have had no response since last evening.

As I had major problems some time ago, are we back to these problems yet again- or is it me?

Norm

Time

Reminds me of a song. How the hell are you? Must be nice to be so close to GMT. What did you make today? I think we have some bugs to work out, so hang in there. Just trying to pull your chain; by the way, what gauge chain do you use over there? Metric system, I'm sure! Come on man, you got to laugh at what's going on. Keep the chin up!

Comment

Norman
      I just went over there and it all seemed to be working okay, did you start a post there that you are waiting on a reply to ? I didn't see one from you on the first page so if you did maybe it needs moving to the top again.
      Regards
      Will

Comment

Originally posted by Millman
        Reminds me of a song. How the hell are you? Must be nice to be so close to GMT. What did you make today? I think we have some bugs to work out, so hang in there. Just trying to pull your chain; by the way, what gauge chain do you use over there? Metric system, I'm sure! Come on man, you got to laugh at what's going on. Keep the chin up!
        Thanks for the prompt reply but at my age the use of a chain- metric or imperious has been superceded by incontinence pads! I am no longer flushed- apart from going uphill.
        What did I do today? It's only 09.40 and I am doing the Family tree. Honest injun' Gone back to the wife's family castle and Alice in Wonderland.
        I got back to 1481- which was before Henry the 8th's father won the Battle of Bosworth Field and the cry of " a Horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse" went out from Richard Crookback. Yesterday, I was Halifax, Nova Scotia'ing with daughter. That is where there is a hospital with a cemetery next door.
        My daughter is playing with something called "Phantom heads" and a spare skull which we used to keep in a biscuit time. More fun than than a cold workshop and so I sent details of a Tool and Cutter grinder over the Roman Wall to a haggis eater in Edinburgh. Me dear chap, you don't know the half of it.Got a E-Mail of as I want to swop beds. No.No, lathe beds, silly me.
        Over the road, Matron has been otherwise occupied. The incontinence pads are changed regularly and she shows little interest in what lies underneath anymore.

And so, I must try to bring the Gospel back to Practical Machinist.
        I sort of got stuck with a Chinese guy called Alice and KenH's reply about St Gobblediegook or Gobain or Goforth but I was plunged into a gritty mass of incompresenitivity. That, of course, is not my thing-as you know.
        Wish me luck on my next sallies forth or fifth!

Cheers

Norm

Comment

Originally posted by wbleeker
          Norman
          I just went over there and it all seemed to be working okay, did you start a post there that you are waiting on a reply to ? I didn't see one from you on the first page so if you did maybe it needs moving to the top again.
          Regards
          Will
          All the World's a stage and all the the men and women merely players,
          they have their exits and their entrances***

and Practical Machinist has buggered off and won't even load.

Alice- what sort of a name is that for a bloke- mutter, mutter.

Comment

All the World's a stage and all the the men and women merely players,
            they have their exits and their entrances***

I just checked and I have them both; one has functioned recently

Practical Machinist has buggered off and won't even load.
            I have just checked here also; not buggered or otherwise interfered with Norm.

Alice- what sort of a name is that for a bloke- mutter, mutter.
            A fine name for a character of irritating nature?

Good evening my English friend.
            Ken
            Ken.

Comment

Practical Machinist.com

Hi Ken,
              Nuttin' doing on my little bit of the firmament.
              My thanks to you- and the rest of you guys.
              I'm still having enormous health problems which are far more important than merely getting an exchange of views from all you nice people.

Have the nasty ones gone away? I do miss the comments of those really nice people who went with them. Come back, you nice people out there on both sides of the Pond and Upside down or whatever you do with the Southern Cross.Well you know what I mean.

Cheers and Thanks

Norm

Comment

Woe is thee Norm. You made need to remake your bookmark for the PM site as the old one does not function anymore. Try this link.http://207.158.22.61/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi
                Just need to click on it or save it to your favorites or some such. Jim
                Jim, By the river enjoying life...

Comment

Norman,

I was missing you, wondered where you were, so glad you are still around.

Comment

This one gets me there Norm.
                    http://www.practicalmachinist.com/cg...ltimatebb.cgi?

Sorry to hear of your further bad health mate but you are a toiler and a man of good humour and heart methinks. You have my good thoughts and hope for a positive outcome (as they say).

I was getting up off the floor this evening with the aid of my crutches and had almost reached full stature when I lost my balance and executed a half turn collapse to the carpet, narrowly missing my cup and saucer, my scone coming to a halt just centimeters from the television screen.
                    My wife was terrified for my safety, crying out loudly "watch out for the TV screen!" She is a darling...a practicle one.
                    I thought my fall was a fine example of home entertainment

Ken ...acrobat
                    Ken.

Comment

Practical Machinist.com

Originally posted by Peter S
                      Norman,

I was missing you, wondered where you were, so glad you are still around.
                      Thanks Peter!
                      I was thinking of quite a lot of you Francophiles during my trip to La Belle France.

We had a 4 metre dump of snow- yes, 13 feet of it and it continued to snow thereafter. It seems a small thing but we ran out of salt- and bought some from Aigue Mortes. Brought back a nice warm feeling towards a lot of folks.
                      Massaged a lot of Cotes de Rhone Villages- and drank a toast to absent friends- and drank their share!!!! Well, I would. Supposed to be skiing but frankly it was too bloody dangerous. A bit like the war with avalanche guns banging away merrily.
                      Oh,heel, I have really gone off topic and that.

For Jim, still struggling, I'm afraid.
                      The last miracle came from the East. I missed it but there is hope.

Bloody Chinese- they are the trouble. Nope, I just blame Alice.
                      Oh, Peter, I passed the St Gobain factory between Albertville and Moutiers in the Eurostar train. First class, champers all the way- hic!

Nearly Norm

Comment

Practicalmachinist.com

Still will not open up.

Don't say someone is at this old fart again.

Norm

Comment

Worked fine for me in the last few minutes.

Keep eye on ball.
                          Hashim Khan

It's just a box of rain, I don't know who put it there.

Comment

Norm, just click on this link and see if it takes you there. It has been working fine for me.

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/cg...ultimatebb.cgi
                            JHC Dayton, OH

Comment

practicalmachinist.com

Thank to JT and Jim but it simply isn't even starting up.

Been at it all day but with no success.

One thing comes out of all this and that is how helpful people are.

Norm

Comment

Working...
                              X