This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O.T. "A touch of the covid"

I have a pandemic buddy who was out on a hike and said she ran across this lady who she knew from when days were better and they started talking and asking each other how they were doing and the lady said pretty good but that she either had or just got over "a touch of the covid"
    that made my friend back up about 6 more feet lol, think about it - "a touch of the covid" what the hell does that even mean ???

It did make her laugh after the fact but then she said we probably should not hang out till after she passes quarantine,
    what a day and age ehh? I tell her sometimes on a full moon I get the urge to just go out and get it over with just to find out if i'll survive - like lick an ATM keypad or something and then just go home and get drunk for about a week straight to see what happens....

this has been going on for a long time now and im pretty good at hunkering down but have to admit it's even getting to me now...
    Last edited by A.K. Boomer; 02-05-2021, 05:54 PM.

Is that the same thing as being "a little bit pregnant"?

Comment

A touch of the covid. Isn't that like being a little bit pregnant?

You can lick all the ATM keypads you like as long as you get the right jar of alcohol and administer it orally.

Damn! Tom writes faster than I.
      Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
      Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

lol --- a lil bit barefoot - a lil bit pregnant lol

Comment

No one is getting the flu any more, so I guess a person has to get "something"

Plus, the CDC has relisted the Influenza and Pneumonia to include SARS- Cov-2. It would seem that they just make it up as it goes along...

Troubling to say the least.

Comment

i think inevitably we are going to have say F#$% it and let er rip.
            Ya I know overwhelming the health care services, but at some point its going to happen.
            Beaver County Alberta Canada

Comment

Originally posted by redlee View Post
              i think inevitably we are going to have say F#$% it and let er rip.
              Ya I know overwhelming the health care services, but at some point its going to happen.
              If the mutations keep happening (which they most likely will) and there's no end in sight then that's a possibility and in fact just had that discussion with her the other night...

Comment

Meh, can't hide from it forever. Way overblown IMO. My parents are both at or near 70's, they both got it at the same time. Neither had much worse than regular flu symptoms and loss of taste and smell. Both got over it within the quarantine period and are back to life as usual. Just like the "normal" flu, it only seems to hit certain people hard enough to be serious.
                Last edited by eKretz; 02-05-2021, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Crazy day for sure... Kinda surreal sometimes. Like where the heck did 2020 go, gonzo.

Hey Boomer, you are in great health and shape. I dont think the Vid will do much to you cept piss you off for a week or so, but dont tempt it. Nice to have you around these parts. JR
                  My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Maybe like the admiral giving the enemy "a whiff of grapeshot."
                    "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

I know people who had a "touch of Covid"... for them it was basically a cold. At least one man is documented who is over 100, got it, and survived without bad symptoms. And I knew people who died of it. It's just a crapshoot as to what it turns out as for any individual.

I know that some who had a mild case still have effects of it several months later. One can no longer smell anything, and probably by now is not going to, ever. Another now has heart problems that are known not to have existed before.
                      2801 3147 6749 8779 4900 4900 4900

Keep eye on ball.
                      Hashim Khan

It's just a box of rain, I don't know who put it there.

Comment

I have it right now, confirmed it with a rapid test. It hit like a freight train. I literally walked off the hotel shuttle and I knew it. Felt fine on the airplane.
                        Entire body was shaking from chills, set the room to 80. Sense of taste is altered, no appetite, head is cloudy, headache. I hope it doesn't get worse. Locked in hotel room no window to open.
                        Lights hurt my eyes

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
                          I have it right now, confirmed it with a rapid test. It hit like a freight train. I literally walked off the hotel shuttle and I knew it. Felt fine on the airplane.
                          Entire body was shaking from chills, set the room to 80. Sense of taste is altered, no appetite, head is cloudy, headache. I hope it doesn't get worse. Locked in hotel room no window to open.
                          Lights hurt my eyes
                          I hope someone is keeping an eye on you. If the fever gets too high you need to be hospitalized. Hope you get better quickly.

Dan
                          At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
                            I know that some who had a mild case still have effects of it several months later. One can no longer smell anything, and probably by now is not going to, ever. Another now has heart problems that are known not to have existed before..
                            Yes. See My Wife, Bronwyn is a Nurse. She a pediatric Nurse, always have been.

She helps people get the care they need Pediatric, no matter who they are.

My Wife is a Nurse for 30 years and still helping the patience. . JR

Edit: Sorry. I am in Love with my Wife and I got side tracked.
                            My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
                              Lights hurt my eyes
                              Stay hydrated, getting dehydrated is the worst thing you can do with any upper respiratory infection, viral or otherwise.
                              I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Working...
                              X