Sticky Pin ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticky Pin ?

Wonder how many here have seen a Sticky Pin used ? My old business partner was from England and would use a chub of clay + pin to make a wiggler. Would stick it on the end of the tool in the spindle. Fast but crude. Just checking to see if anyone else has seen or used one ?
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

I've done it once or twice...thanks for reminding me of this technique!

Comment

Now days it is called a wiggler. its into a 3/8" collet, works the same way, does the same thing. Fingers don't get covered in clay.
      The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

Originally posted by loose nut View Post
        Now days it is called a wiggler. its into a 3/8" collet, works the same way, does the same thing. Fingers don't get covered in clay.
        But the clay version doesn't require a tool change. Clever. BTW - I have some sculpting clay that is very finger friendly.

Comment

text
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Engelhardt View Post

But the clay version doesn't require a tool change. Clever. BTW - I have some sculpting clay that is very finger friendly.
            That's correct you can put it on the end of a mill cutter and true it with a scale. Crude.. I know but in a pinch it works !

Comment

I've read about it, and heard about it for years, but have never seen anybody use one. Even some of the real old fashioned toolmakers and machinists I've worked with over the years. I can certainly see it's merits in some situations, but have never seen it put into practice.

Comment

Working...
              X