Blake coax instruction sheet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blake coax instruction sheet?

I've owned - and used - a Blake coax for donkeys years, but I don't have the original instruction sheet which came with it and feel that it's time for a little lube. Thinking that the sheet might give some guidance over lubing the unit would someone be kind enough to scan and PM the blake instruction sheet? It's not on the rather sparse Blake website. Thanks everyone!

Many thanks to Ridgerunner. However, no information regarding lube in the instructions.

Comment

Hi,

I don't have my instructions anymore, but there isn't any lubrication instructions in it that I can recall. Other than a thin film of grease on the bottom. I don't think there are any "User serviceable parts" on the inside.
      If you think you understand what is going on, you haven't been paying attention.

Comment

I used a drop or two of Starrett M1 oil on my used Blake when I first got it to reduce the stiffness of the action and that seemed to work pretty well. If you want official instructions, though, you may need to call oe email Blake directly.
        Mike Henry near Chicago

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHenry View Post
          I used a drop or two of Starrett M1 oil
          Thats funny. That is exactly what I did. That stuff is so thin. JR

Comment

Originally posted by JRouche View Post

Thats funny. That is exactly what I did. That stuff is so thin. JR
            It may be OK at first and for a while but may dry up and get gummy, attract dust, etc. down the road. Then you have problems.

I'm not familiar with Blake, but most all good dials are jeweled movements and don't require oil.

When in doubt, call the company and get their recommendation.

JL.............
            Last edited by JoeLee; 02-14-2021, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X