Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auction Goodies

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Auction Goodies

    A friend and I got some goodies at Auction,we split the Scrap Pile consisting of mostly 6061 Aluminum and over 200 Carbide Endmills with a few Taps also. Click image for larger version

Name:	D01ED99F-5E6B-462A-9B1E-FE89064AD751.jpeg
Views:	633
Size:	3.22 MB
ID:	1927454 Click image for larger version

Name:	4656817A-BF3E-4CF6-AC62-A41AA44A4397.jpeg
Views:	614
Size:	3.11 MB
ID:	1927453

  • #2
    Very nice!

    I need to find an auction like that.......

    The chunk of gauge plate with the holes is a super item.....if you have a big mill. It's too nice for welding, but probably at the price it might not be an issue..
    CNC machines only go through the motions.

    Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
    Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
    Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
    I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
    Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

    Comment


    • #3
      Nice!
      Any idea the alloy of those two pieces of round stock on the cart, behind the aluminum bars?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
        Very nice!

        I need to find an auction like that.......

        The chunk of gauge plate with the holes is a super item.....if you have a big mill. It's too nice for welding, but probably at the price it might not be an issue..
        I did not know the 1-1/2” plate with 3/8” NC threaded holes were called gauge plates,I’m sure it will get used.The metal scrap was $400 & $800 for Endmills.
        Originally posted by tom_d View Post
        Nice!
        Any idea the alloy of those two pieces of round stock on the cart, behind the aluminum bars?
        Not sure on the Grade,it’s 4-1/2” and heavy lol!

        Comment


        • #5
          Good find. Every time you post a pic of that shop I see less and less space.

          JL............

          Comment


          • #6
            I just got a couple nice hauls too. Over 150 grinding wheels including a couple diamond wheels and a Sopko QC hub for $50. And 35 QC30 adapters for waaay less than going rate on eBay. My Wells Index 847 has a QC30 spindle and I have been searching for some reasonably priced (read: really cheap) adapters for a while.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	20210210_213500.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	1927480 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210210_213434.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	1927481 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210210_213542.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	840.5 KB
ID:	1927482

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by JoeLee View Post
              Good find. Every time you post a pic of that shop I see less and less space.

              JL............
              Yes Joe Lee I’m collecting to much stuff!

              Comment


              • #8
                Nice haul. I miss going to auctions. Not the same bidding on a bunch of pictures over the internet.

                Local steel place has been listing a bunch of odd and ends for cheap over the last couple weeks, so the past 3 Fridays I've come home trailer loads of steel for future projects. As of now he hasn't anything good yet that I want for tomorrow so the streak might be broken lol. Probably a good thing as I'm running out of space to store it . Any of the aluminum I want I usually get through work. I either tack it onto the next shop order of pick from the rack. Most small stuff from the scrap rack is gratis, but bigger stuff is "bring in a box of doughnuts for the boys, or a case of beer for Thursday".

                Comment


                • #9
                  WOW! what a haul. Congratulation, and I agree with Joe, your free space in the shop is getting less and less. I'm in the same boat so am trying to not buy anymore machines. Material goods on the other hand are hard to come by so I scoop them up first chance I get.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by eKretz View Post
                    I just got a couple nice hauls too. Over 150 grinding wheels including a couple diamond wheels and a Sopko QC hub for $50. And 35 QC30 adapters for waaay less than going rate on eBay. My Wells Index 847 has a QC30 spindle and I have been searching for some reasonably priced (read: really cheap) adapters for a while.

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210210_213500.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	1927480 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210210_213434.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	1927481 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210210_213542.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	840.5 KB
ID:	1927482
                    Nice haul on the QC30 tool holders and grinding wheels. Likewise my Tree has a Erickson QC30 spindle so I've been collecting holders for some time now. I've noticed 30 taper stuff comes available in waves. One day there is nothing and the next there is a ton.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post


                      Not sure on the Grade,it’s 4-1/2” and heavy lol!
                      Super cool purchase. Umm, would be a life time supply for most of us. Those bars look like SS, they are dark. . JR

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by nc5a View Post

                        Nice haul on the QC30 tool holders and grinding wheels. Likewise my Tree has a Erickson QC30 spindle so I've been collecting holders for some time now. I've noticed 30 taper stuff comes available in waves. One day there is nothing and the next there is a ton.
                        Yep, seems like that to me too. I think I have plenty now though. 8 collet chucks and 4 drill chucks, 5 or 6 shell mill adapters and about 2 of every size solid endmill adapter. I think that puts me at 50ish holders. Never expected to find that many.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by eKretz View Post
                          I just got a couple nice hauls too. Over 150 grinding wheels including a couple diamond wheels and a Sopko QC hub for $50. And 35 QC30 adapters for waaay less than going rate on eBay. My Wells Index 847 has a QC30 spindle and I have been searching for some reasonably priced (read: really cheap) adapters for a while

                          Nice Package of QC tooling congrats,not familiar with grinding stones for surface grinder I’m assuming.

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	20210210_213500.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	1927480 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210210_213434.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	1927481 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210210_213542.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	840.5 KB
ID:	1927482
                          Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
                          Nice haul. I miss going to auctions. Not the same bidding on a bunch of pictures over the internet.

                          Local steel place has been listing a bunch of odd and ends for cheap over the last couple weeks, so the past 3 Fridays I've come home trailer loads of steel for future projects. As of now he hasn't anything good yet that I want for tomorrow so the streak might be broken lol. Probably a good thing as I'm running out of space to store it . Any of the aluminum I want I usually get through work. I either tack it onto the next shop order of pick from the rack. Most small stuff from the scrap rack is gratis, but bigger stuff is "bring in a box of doughnuts for the boys, or a case of beer for Thursday".
                          Beer&Donuts usually go a long ways sometimes,was at a Auction that a 20”x120” Lathe with 4-1/4” bore complete with new DRO didn’t sell for some odd reason.Some guys gave owner a few flats of Beer next day and loaded it up.

                          Originally posted by nc5a View Post
                          WOW! what a haul. Congratulation, and I agree with Joe, your free space in the shop is getting less and less. I'm in the same boat so am trying to not buy anymore machines. Material goods on the other hand are hard to come by so I scoop them up first chance I get.
                          I’m the same way when it comes to Material,seems like it never lasts.
                          Originally posted by JRouche View Post

                          Super cool purchase. Umm, would be a life time supply for most of us. Those bars look like SS, they are dark. . JR
                          The 4-1/2” on cart are not stainless but the 1”&5/8” on left side of trailer are 316.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Very nice score.

                            And, keeping with tradition...you suck
                            Illigitimi non Carborundum 😎
                            9X49 Birmingham Mill, Reid Model 2C Grinder, 13x40 ENCO GH Lathe, 6X18 Craftsman lathe, Sherline CNC mill, Eastwood TIG200 AC/DC and lots of stuff from 30+ years in the trade and 15.5 in refinery unit operations. Now retired. El Paso, TX

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Whoa, I don't know about these kind of deals. $400 for random material, probably way under retail, but........

                              $800 for the cutters, looks like many are carbide, still, are they worth it? How many are odd balls that don't have any use for the buyer?

                              I got into the habit of these kind of auction deals. All I can say is it's a lot easier to buy than get rid of them when your shop is so crowded you can't access your machines. I ended up giving away 1000+ pounds of clean material just to get it out of my way.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X