Auction Goodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DR View Post
    Whoa, I don't know about these kind of deals. $400 for random material, probably way under retail, but........

$800 for the cutters, looks like many are carbide, still, are they worth it? How many are odd balls that don't have any use for the buyer?
    $800 wasn’t free but close there were 250 pieces of Carbide mostly New and lot’s of common sizes a few oddballs as well.Didn’t know they made Carbide Taps was a few of them,also over a 100lbs of scrap inserts to sell as well.This lot was desirable for me as most sizes were 1/2” and smaller and I had good supply of 5/8” to 1-1/2” from previous Garage Sale.
    Last edited by Tundra Twin Track; 02-13-2021, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Tundra, I sent a message a few days ago...

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post

$800 wasn’t free but close there were 250 pieces of Carbide mostly New and lot’s of common sizes a few oddballs as well.Didn’t know they made Carbide Taps was a few of them,also over a 100lbs of scrap inserts to sell as well.This lot was desirable for me as most sizes were 1/2” and smaller and I had good supply of 5/8” to 1-1/2” from previous Garage Sale.
        Tundra', you didn't mention all those details of the tooling purchase in your first postings.

Comment

When you are at the auctions you have to mentally question the value. ...to your needs.
          if you glance it over, and there is 10 30 dollar items you will likely need/use in next 2 years, ... and there are 100 pieces, then 5 or 600 is likely a safe bet.,
          you have to do a quick calc.... and hope that the surprises, more than make it worth it in the end... ...like often a killer deal.
          I can guarantee, don't go., it can't happen to you......... I never went to auctions to lose money..

Comment

[QUOTE=DR;n1928024]

Tundra', you didn't mention all those details of the tooling purchase in your first postings.[/QUOTE

Sorry DR didn’t want to sound like Blowhard,bidding was in consideration of the scrap Carbide as it’s worth at least $3.00 a lb. I have bought Kenametal,Nachi,SOWA &YG Endmills&Taps from suppliers for $500 that can easily be held in one hand,there were 80 stackable Bins in lot as well.

Originally posted by 754 View Post
            When you are at the auctions you have to mentally question the value. ...to your needs.
            if you glance it over, and there is 10 30 dollar items you will likely need/use in next 2 years, ... and there are 100 pieces, then 5 or 600 is likely a safe bet.,
            you have to do a quick calc.... and hope that the surprises, more than make it worth it in the end... ...like often a killer deal.
            I can guarantee, don't go., it can't happen to you......... I never went to auctions to lose money..
            The saying if you don’t use it in 6 months Throw it out is Bull$hit ,I have stuff around the farm that sat idle for decades that I’ve used for Shop&Farm Projects.
            I did send a reply to your message but message thing was acting Wonky,maybe try it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post
              The saying if you don’t use it in 6 months Throw it out is Bull$hit ,I have stuff around the farm that sat idle for decades that I’ve used for Shop&Farm Projects.
              I'm with you on that. EVERY TIME I adopted that policy and thru stuff out, less than 6 weeks later, I NEEDED IT! For instance, last week, I was sick and had a fever, so I went to the refrigerator to get that bottle of Pedialyte that I purchased 25 years ago (don't worry, it was still good) only to find that I threw it away last fall to make more room in the refer!

Comment

Originally posted by DR View Post
                Whoa, I don't know about these kind of deals. $400 for random material, probably way under retail, but........
                I ended up giving away 1000+ pounds of clean material just to get it out of my way.
                Well that is a Lil Odd... Hmm, I didnt see your post for freebie clean raw material (which is what we all need) for postage.

Yeah. JR

Comment

TTT, I hope your tits freeze off! That is my new you suck!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
                    TTT, I hope your tits freeze off! That is my new you suck!
                    Your Quote,Kick em in Nuts still my favourite as I nearly lost my mouthful of Coffee the first time I read it🙂

Comment

Working...
                    X