Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm so tired of staying home every day, I could squeal like a pig!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so tired of staying home every day, I could squeal like a pig!!!

I just thought you should all know that. I'm even getting sick of creating mechanical marvels. Good wife has worn a hole thru the couch from watching so much television. I'm getting fat again because my arthritis is so bad I can't even go on my daily walk. I've read so many books that I may have to start reading Daniel Steele novels. I miss seeing my grandkids. I miss not getting together to celebrate birthdays. Bah!! Humbug!!
    Brian Rupnow
    Design engineer
    Barrie, Ontario, Canada

I feel your pain.
    I agree.

Comment

I know the feeling, Brian, I have been buying books on ebay because the local library is shut because of the lockdown. I have even been able to get some books that were only vague memories from reading them over 50 years ago.

Comment

Getting our vaccine shots this afternoon at 4:00.
        Hope this is the path back.
        Seal sang "But we're never gonna survive unless
        We get a little crazy"
        Maybe we need some craziness too?
        Len

Comment

If crazy was the ticket we would have been smooth sailing by now....

Comment

Maybe the effects take time to kick in.
            Or we need a 2nd shot?
            Len

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
              If crazy was the ticket we would have been smooth sailing by now....
              You gotta be crazy the right way..........
              2801 3147 6749 8779 4900 4900 4900

Keep eye on ball.
              Hashim Khan

It's just a box of rain, I don't know who put it there.

Comment

Are you in a mandated lock down? What's keeping you inside? Double mask is being recommended. Are you afraid to even go out for a walk? If everyone is hunkered down in your area, what is the likelihood of running into anyone?

Comment

Pretty much the same out west Brian. My wife has a medical condition that if she ever caught this virus she would be done according to her doctors. So we need to be extra careful.
                  Also we are actually getting some winter weather these days. Minus temperatures and they say we are in for a dump of snow tonight and tomorrow. So it really is a good time to curl up with a good book. I spend part of almost ever day out in the shop with a little heat on working away on one of several projects I always seem to have on the go. Everybody take care , spring and vaccinations should be just around the corner.
                  Larry - west coast of Canada

Comment

I've used this time to learn a little more CAD drawing with FreeCAD, bought a couple Arduino Nano's and learned a little programming for them, and did a little more work on my CNC idea on my mini-mill. This can go on for quite a while because I have lots to learn about each of them yet.

Comment

Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post
                      Are you in a mandated lock down? What's keeping you inside? Double mask is being recommended. Are you afraid to even go out for a walk? If everyone is hunkered down in your area, what is the likelihood of running into anyone?
                      He can't walk because of his arthritis, right now I have the same problem but only for a week and it is getting better. As much as I hate my 2 1/2 MI walk each morning I have to do it. Sigh.

All of Canada, including Brian, is in a nation wide lock down but it is suppose to be lifted soon .No doubt the government will screw that up too.
                      The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

I'm not going to be able to take another winter of this.

jus' sayin'.

t
                        rusting in Seattle

Comment

Originally posted by Cuttings View Post
                          Pretty much the same out west Brian. My wife has a medical condition that if she ever caught this virus she would be done according to her doctors. So we need to be extra careful.
                          Also we are actually getting some winter weather these days. Minus temperatures and they say we are in for a dump of snow tonight and tomorrow. So it really is a good time to curl up with a good book. I spend part of almost ever day out in the shop with a little heat on working away on one of several projects I always seem to have on the go. Everybody take care , spring and vaccinations should be just around the corner.
                          I do hope this will make the doubters think again about the dangers of CO19.

Comment

I found out that it really does help to have some "real" work, another words work that i not only need and gets me motivated but work that people need me to do as it makes me feel useful, that goes for anytime but esp. now that things have slowed up...

Also - about a year ago and kinda as a joke me and this local gal make a pact about being pandemic buds and keeping in touch and kinda having someone to see it through together --- now it seems like it's not a joke at all and she's become pretty important to me, of course she likes IPA's so we are now going on little road trips to find outdoor friendly micro breweries just to get out of town and have something to do once in awhile...

then there's my Dog who just cracks me up everyday --- and when socked in on the winter days she becomes hyper aware of "food", any and all and it really kinda gets annoying lol, and she's a sound genius, I can be doing things in the kitchen and putting all kinds of stuff away and opening and closing cupboards and doing dishes --- nothing, but get one can of tuna out and just set it on the counter and then I get the feeling like someones watching me - turn around and there she is staring at me with a scooby face that's asking the question "TUNAAA???" lol

these are strange times but you gotta try to find a way to laugh at it too or it will really drive you nuts,,, although im aware im at least in the positions to do so - many people cannot as it's hitting them in one form or another very hard so then just being grateful is a good thing....

Comment

Originally posted by brian Rupnow View Post
                              I've read so many books that I may have to start reading Daniel Steele novels.!
                              omg...all Ontario members, we need an intervention!

Its changed everyone's life, but mine hasn't been too negative. My life largely consisted of work/drive/sleep repeat and in the shop on the weekend. Traffic has been much improved which is probably the singular most unpleasant part of living in the GTA. Unbridled pop growth as made this part of the world dysfunctional. and while i feel bad saying it as so many have suffered, the reality is my day to day life has been improved because of that.

I get enough human interaction at work to stay sane and we'd continued with some family get together's. We walked over to some friends for drinks a week ago - outdoors! They set up a big fire in the backyard, heating pads on the seats and some radiant electric heaters. Kind of fun, hadn't been to an outdoor winter party (I think it was -10C) since field parties as a teenager lol
                              in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Working...
                              X