Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm so tired of staying home every day, I could squeal like a pig!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jerry, that's a nice thought. Thank you. Boomer--I never seen Deliverance, and based on what I've heard about it I'm glad I didn't.-I did like the Banjo music theme to it. RB211---I sympathize with you. Jon Heron--My old mother in law had a boyfriend who lived on the river about 5 miles from the Big Chute. Her and the old fellow are gone now, but I always enjoyed the drive up from Barrie. Especially going thru Coldwater.---Coldwater has a certain magic to it.--I take my grandson there to Steampunk Festival.---Brian
    Brian Rupnow
    Design engineer
    Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
      Try staying inside a small hotel room for 10 days with no windows to open!!!! 2 more days!!!!
      I feel for you. I do ALL of the shopping for our family in order to reduce avenues of exposure. I get out once every few days, so it's quite manageable.

I have to stay isolated for the next 3 days so I can have a procedure on Monday. Made me wonder why I was able to go to the hospital for Xrays, blood tests and ultrasounds with only a thermometer to prove that I don't have Covid. Going in for a simple biopsy requires a clean Covid test within the last 72 hours. I wonder what the difference is?
      At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

I don’t think this thing is ever going away, I’m getting the feeling the buerocrats like the new power, plus eradication of this “novel” virus is never going to happen, hell it’s mutating faster than antivirals are being made, yet some governments seem to think that cozying up to the originators is the way forward
        treat your enemies as friends and friends as enemies is very perplexing style of governance
        mark

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
          Try staying inside a small hotel room for 10 days with no windows to open!!!! 2 more days!!!!
          It's all about perspective. Hang in there.

Comment

Squeal if you must, just don't cue the banjo music.

I'm so lucky to have lots of mental work to keep me distracted but the lack of doing any real world real stuff is taking its toll.

--
            Tom C
            ... nice weather eh?

Comment

My neighbor's mother is 98 and last week checked herself out of the care home she's been living in since her husband passed a few years back. She and all the other residents already had both jabs, but they still wouldn't let the kids and grand kids go see her. The home's director tried to talk her into staying, but as she put it "I'm 98, covid or not I don't have much time left, I want to spend it with my family. Can't argue with that logic.
              I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Originally posted by brian Rupnow View Post
                Saw that and it made me reach for my bajo,. JR

My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Originally posted by danlb View Post

Thanks for letting us know. Glad to see that you are wayyyy over there.
                  Not nearly as glad as I am for NOT being way over there.

Comment

Personally I don't get the hysteria. If we are careful, and use common sense, we won't get infected. Staying in the house is just plain nuts IMO unless one is quarantined.
                    We are being lied to and it is glaringly obvious. Yes it is a deadly flu in some cases but mainly it is NOT.
                    Why is nobody dying from anything else? I read a report that said CA had more suicide deaths one month than covid deaths. I didn't research this so I am not stating it as fact but there absolutely is a huge increase in suicide and mental illness.
                    I could go on a longer rant but it would be a a waste of time. Do what you want to do but don't judge me as a germ carrying super spreader because I'm not shivering in the basement.
                    Double masking? Really? Puhleez. I just always wear a condom because I read it prevents covid.

Comment

Challenger--I started this thread to be something funny. Every one but you has taken it that way. We encourage you to believe what you want. If you want to start some political diatribe or argue in favor of how serious or non serious a disease is, please start your own thread with some of your like minded friends. George will close this thread if it becomes too political or argumentized.---Brian Rupnow
                      Brian Rupnow
                      Design engineer
                      Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Yes, as ^^^^^^

Challenger - take your view over to the other trhead : O.T. "A touch of the covid" - The Home Shop Machinist & Machinist's Workshop Magazine's BBS You'll get plenty of Interaction over there

Comment

I know how difficult it is to be suffering from arthritus, especially when it affects getting about. I have plenty of it, but my left knee is 2 1/2 years old and my right one is 1 year old. It is a huge help to be able to simply walk about without pain. I am lucky to not have any hip troubles.

Comment

Back on track . . . yesterday the wife needed to talk to an appointment scheduler at a huge federal installation. Of course, even though they're working from home it's still a government office, so it had been a hard to find a human, and then the right human. But that aside, the wife finally succeeded, and "business" eventually turned into a conversation. My wife (always curious) wanted to know how this woman was getting along under the lock-down. She hates it like most of us, and complained about being both at work and at home at the same time and then working into the evening just because there was nothing better to do. Anyway, the funny thing she said -- and you have to imagine a black woman with a huge, boisterous personality -- was that she misses going to the office so bad that she even misses the people she hates! I think I can relate.

Comment

Nice thread. Half rona and half old people afflictions! Yes I get Rheumatoid arthritis flares which totally suck and can incapacitate me for a couple days.
                              I had a hip done last year and those operations are an absolute breeze for recovery. In at 6am and walking stairs at 5pm, back home by 8 that night. It's a 47 minute procedure.
                              I say a breeze but in my case the hospital staff screwed up my knee by over torquing it on the Hana table during the procedure. Click up youtube and look at a total hip replacement operation that shows the Hana table.

Wifey and I got the Phizer rona shot #1 and #2 is on Feb 19. *haven't grown a third eye yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuttings View Post
                                Also we are actually getting some winter weather these days. Minus temperatures and they say we are in for a dump of snow tonight and tomorrow. .
                                We are also getting some harsh weather,last weekend was -45c or 49 below Far. Can’t wait for when it warms up

Comment

Working...
                                X