Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm so tired of staying home every day, I could squeal like a pig!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bad. I was trying to be funny. I know that she is a woman and I know the type of book she writes. My excuses to Danielle.
    Brian Rupnow
    Design engineer
    Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by aostling View Post

Do you know that Danielle Steel (not Daniel Steele) is a woman. She owns the former Spreckels Mansion, the most expensive real estate in San Francisco. She spends her days in Paris, rarely visiting her California pad. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danielle_Steel
      Sorry --- after what you just wrote I think Bri's original comment is spot on...
      Last edited by A.K. Boomer; 02-16-2021, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brian Rupnow View Post
        My bad. I was trying to be funny. I know that she is a woman and I know the type of book she writes. My excuses to Danielle.
        "OK, Brian, we have you in custody. We're going to interrogate you until you confess. But we'll give you a choice: you can read Danielle Steele until you fold, or you can listen to Justin Bieber. Your call."
        Last edited by Jim Stewart; 02-16-2021, 08:53 PM.
        There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

Comment

oh dear god --- talk about a rock and a hard place ------------- that's it Bri - im out - your on your own,

ahh man - why do I feel like I just threw a buddy under the bus? hopefully it was quick and painless lol
          Last edited by A.K. Boomer; 02-16-2021, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Today I listened to Elvis singing "Jailhouse Rock" and "Hound-dog". Yesterday I listened to the Bee-Gees. Last week I listened to the Everly Brothers. That kinds shines a light on the music I listen to. I shut the office door so the noise doesn't go upstairs and interrupt my wife who is deeply wrapped into T.V. coverage of the crazy American political scene. I open my office/machine shop door, turn up the speakers until the fillings in my teeth vibrate and shake my a$$ while I'm machining. It's an old a$$, so I don't shake it too hard.
            Brian Rupnow
            Design engineer
            Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Don't forget Chuck Berry!

-js
              There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

Comment

TMI Bri... sweet baby jesus I guess i'll have one more to forget I ever read that ... lol

Comment

Originally posted by brian Rupnow View Post
                  Jerry---I have always been building things. When I was a kid about 14, I built an ice boat from plans in an old Popular Mechanics book. It was beautiful---and that winter the damned lakes never iced up. They froze, but we didn't get a January thaw that year to bring the water up top and make the entire lake a sheet of ice. I had the boat stored outside, leaning up against a fence-post. That spring my dad had a grass fire get away from him and completely burned up my ice boat. I never got to use it.---I remembered something else. We were very rural, and the telephone lines were supported by poles. In -30f weather, the telephone lines would hum really loudly. I walked about a mile to public school, and I can remember how loudly the wires hummed.
                  Brian I checked out the record low temps in Antarctic -89c or 127 below F. at Vostok Russian Research Station.

Comment

How about some Anne Rice novels? I can recommend "Queen of the Damned" its your basic vampire novel with the added twist that it is written from the vampire's view. Further plot twist: it involves a crime puzzle several thousand years old... Also, it has some amazing poetry in it.

Comment

I started reading the Terry Pratchett Disc World series. It was my third attempt; the premise is so silly I failed to get traction the first go arounds. However after a half a book, I was hooked...really well written and entertaining. Kind of what you'd get if Douglas Adams wrote the Lord of the Rings books. Lots of literally laughing out loud...and there are 40 something books so it'll outlast Covid
                      in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Eh, can't do it.... read some, liked Heinlein back when I was a kid, don't like most newer.

2801 3147 6749 8779 4900 4900 4900

Keep eye on ball.
                        Hashim Khan

It's just a box of rain, I don't know who put it there.

Comment

I only read the National Enquirer for the articles....

Comment

I was sorry to learn of Danielle Steele's plight. She only has one mansion. This is terrible, I may have to send her a couple of dollars, poor dear.

Sarge41

Comment

Tom Robbins is the best in my book...

Comment

Once you have read Salems Lot by Stephen King, you will never have to read another vampire book----ever.
                                Brian Rupnow
                                Design engineer
                                Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
                                X