No announcement yet.

GoJo/Goop hand cleaner dispenser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep a bottle of liquid dish soap at my wash sink. It cuts the grease very well. I don't use any of the handwashing liquids with ground pumice in them because my wash sink drains into a sump and is pumped up thru a check valve into the septic bed.
    Brian Rupnow
    Design engineer
    Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by nickel-city-fab View Post

That's because many don't know about the "benefits" smooth kind, as opposed to the kind with 60-grit rocks in it.
      Ooops. I work in one of those jobs where you wash you hands *before* you pee.
      Yes! Original GoJo. White, jellied. With it’s own smell! I can’t remember when I didn’t use it.
      The only one I’ve tried that I like more was some stuff from Germany called Kresto. I think, anyway.
      We tried many more. Some were slightly better but were hard on the skin.

I washed my hands before peeing so long that even now I have to pee every time I wash! For me the ultimate test was if the cleaner would cut the godawful nasty oil from a “Green Grenade”. Also known as a Detroit Diesel.
      I cut it off twice; it's still too short
      Oregon, USA

Comment

Visit a pub. Maybe they'll give you a wine bag or similar. Empty of course- or you sit and drink until it is empty-

What else have I seen- some of the coffee dispensers use bagged product. You might be able to buy milk in bags. Just look for a decent spout that you can fill through and dispense from. Preferably one with a valve of some kind
        I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Odd.... I have been cleaning up machinery, and the orange container goop works just fine. Better that it has no grit in ot, since that crap can transfer off your hands, and there WILL be some left
          2801 3147 6749 8779 4900 4900 4900

Keep eye on ball.
          Hashim Khan

It's just a box of rain, I don't know who put it there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Engelhardt View Post

Uh ... no -it will! Have I given you the impression of being so stupid that I would leave the lid off?
            No actually a trait of very high intelligence is to want to boil the ocean,
            or find complicated solutions to a simple problem. But it also takes
            perspective and discipline to dial back the creativity and distill it down
            to a practical solution.

-D
            DZER

Comment

At work, I start my cleaning with a splash of diesel and a rag to get the worst of it, then follow up with D&L hand cream and a fresh rag to get most of it. Enough to where you can see your hands again, and not leave a greasy crust on the steering wheel.
              D&L is way better than goojoe.
              But a greasy wopper and fires cleans hands like nothing else.
              And thank God that low sulfur diesel smells less than the diesel of years ago.
              -Doozer
              Last edited by Doozer; 02-18-2021, 10:37 PM.
              DZER

Comment

Hand cream is good for more than just hands. I've used it to clean small parts, clean hoses, and scrubbed it into my clothes before they go in the wash. My new job can be especially dirty and uncomfortable and cold, so I made them buy me coveralls.

Comment

Hand cream is good for more than just hands. I've used it to clean small parts, clean hoses, and scrubbed it into my clothes before they go in the wash. My new job can be especially dirty and uncomfortable and cold, so I made them buy me coveralls.
                  Ok. Shark has Jumped. Hand Cream. Wow.. And, it has some release agent in it so your hands or other parts wont get stuck.

I think it was epoxy with carbon graphite matt. So kept the epoxy from sticking to your arm or hand. I dont know, something like that. Google it on up JR

My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

I think it's typical for that hand cleaner to separate over time. I've had it happen with the Go Jo stuff. I've used Fast Orange for years now, comes in gallon jugs with a pump handle. When the contents get below the pump stem, usually a year or more for me, what's left in the bottom looks somewhat clear but still works just as well. I've found it best to shake the jug up a couple times a year. A pump handle is a lot cleaner and easier to use than dipping your fingers into a can.

JL............

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post
                      Man you guys would complicate taking a piss.

-D
                      Let's consider the complicated-ness of pissing: you go into a special room & use a highly specialized device. Made of porcelain, with automatic refilling, & perhaps costing hundreds of dollars. And installed to comply with quite specific regulations. The procedure involves a number of steps where deviation can invoke wifely criticism (inaccurate aim) or embarrassment (failing to zip up).

Unless you just piss out a window, then, yeah, it's not so complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by brian Rupnow View Post
                        I keep a bottle of liquid dish soap at my wash sink. It cuts the grease very well. I don't use any of the handwashing liquids with ground pumice in them because my wash sink drains into a sump and is pumped up thru a check valve into the septic bed.
                        Brian,
                        I avoid the pumice stuff for a similar reason. For tough gunk, try mixing a bit of granulated sugar with your dish soap. The sugar stays crystalized long enough to give your skin a good scrub.

Comment

The best hand cleaner I have ever used is "Power Cleanse Hand Cleaner" made by Texas Refinery Corp. A little bit goes a long ways and it's very easy on the skin. https://www.texasrefinery.com/produc...power-cleanse/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Engelhardt View Post

Let's consider the complicated-ness of pissing: you go into a special room & use a highly specialized device. Made of porcelain, with automatic refilling, & perhaps costing hundreds of dollars. And installed to comply with quite specific regulations. The procedure involves a number of steps where deviation can invoke wifely criticism (inaccurate aim) or embarrassment (failing to zip up).

Unless you just piss out a window, then, yeah, it's not so complicated.
                            I own enough land, that I can piss any direction and not see neighbors.
                            This was indirectly a goal in my life.

-Doozer
                            DZER

Comment

Battle Axe has the coolest name for hand cleaner. Eco works well. Zep cherry is good also. Tried a lot of brands over a couple of years.
                              mark costello-Low speed steel

Comment

Back in the day, I used to sell Kresto, and Solopol, the weaker version, that was made by Stockhausen, a German company. Both of them used ground walnut hulls for grit. Main advantage was it didn't scratch or cut like pumice did, it floated and didn't clog sinks, and had sulfonated castor oil as a moisturizer. When I started my cleaning business, had a few customers who complained about what they were using, started them on Kresto, when I retired, had to tell them where they could get it. Bought several cartridges of it when I retired, about five years ago, and two that are left have not separated.

Comment

Working...
                                X