Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Your Favorite 'Better Than Average' Import Tool Dealer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another vote for CDCO. Orders usually take 3-4 days but I'm only about 100 miles from them. I tend to get mildly irritated by the freight charges primarily as I'm used to ebay typically being shipping included. What he sells is the typical Chin made devices that can be had almost everywhere. Some are private labeled some not. With this stuff it's usually about the $$ so he usually wins. I've never had a back order from them.

Now on a humorous note, I had a problem with an order maybe five years ago as I got my stuff but someone else's order was shipped in my box. I called to let him know about the error and quickly found out that English is definitely his second language! You're much better off using email with them.

Comment

I've bought a lot of cat40 er16/20/32 holders for work from Accusize. Have been very impressed with all of them. Yeah, there's a difference between them and the big boys, but they're very good for the price. Will be placing an order for a bunch of stuff from them over the next couple weeks for personal stuff too.

You've got better sources available to you being in the states, but Accusize is a great one for Canadians.

Comment

In the UK, ARC Eurotrade is good for Indian and Chinese tooling, their after sales service is second to none, and that makes all the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by old mart View Post
          In the UK, ARC Eurotrade is good for Indian and Chinese tooling, their after sales service is second to none, and that makes all the difference.
          I bought Sir John's er32 collet blocks from ARC many years ago, and was pretty happy with the deal and quality. Everybody else in the shop loves them too considering how much they get borrowed lol.

Comment

aliexpress has very good quality tools. not the stolen/rejected/uninspected/whatever junk thats on ebay quite often. i had to return items from several european tool dealers as well.

Comment

I was a long time ENCO customer and bought my 13x40 lathe from them new. Somehow when MSC shut them down I wasn’t able to get the continued discount so I’ve written them off completely. Oddly enough I used to buy his stuff out of the trunk of an old white Chevy when he was just getting started.

Ive had good success with CDCO and Wholesale Tool. Lately I’ve been gravitating to Shars stuff.

I had a Chinese 5/8 keyless chuck for 15+ years and it always had some runout. I finally replaced it with another Chinese one from CDCO and it had the identical runout. I’m not always easy on things. I pushed the envelope and destroyed that chuck last week. I saved the R8 adapter and bought a Taiwanese chuck from Shars/Discount Machine off EBAY. My cost was $67 to my door for just the chuck. The previous Chinese chucks had been in the $20/30 range.

I’m really impressed with this tool. Great finish and feel and it runs dead nuts true with various pin sizes in it. I will be more gentle with this one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B4B04A3D-B534-44B7-BD11-70CB166F082B.jpeg
Views:	108
Size:	683.9 KB
ID:	1930305
              Illigitimi non Carborundum 😎
              9X49 Birmingham Mill, Reid Model 2C Grinder, 13x40 ENCO GH Lathe, 6X18 Craftsman lathe, Sherline CNC mill, Eastwood TIG200 AC/DC and lots of stuff from 30+ years in the trade and 15.5 in refinery unit operations. Now retired. El Paso, TX

Comment

Shars keyless drill chucks are fabulous.
                I have a couple with .001" or less runout.
                I bought the $85 chucks, not the $55 chucks.

-D
                DZER

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post
                  Shars keyless drill chucks are fabulous.
                  I have a couple with .001" or less runout.
                  I bought the $85 chucks, not the $55 chucks.

-D
                  Integral shank?
                  *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Comment

Thank you all, this thread has been most helpful.
                    The other thing I used to buy at Enco was name brand items e.g. OSG end mills. Where's a good place to buy that stuff?

metalmagpie

Comment

Originally posted by metalmagpie View Post
                      Thank you all, this thread has been most helpful.
                      The other thing I used to buy at Enco was name brand items e.g. OSG end mills. Where's a good place to buy that stuff?

metalmagpie
                      I buy most of my stock of carbide for aluminum cutting and some of my steel cutting stuff from Rogue Systems Inc. I buy a fair number of endmills from MSC. I buy a few specialty items from Lakeshore Carbide. The rest is usually Ebay.
                      Last edited by Bob La Londe; 02-24-2021, 07:11 PM.
                      *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Comment

Working...
                      X