This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT-Covid vaccine availability

My wife got her first shot today as she is a teacher. She asked about others being able to get the vaccine and they basically said come one come all. If they have the vaccine they will give anyone that walks in.
    I'm going tomorrow for my first one.

Hmmmmm.

Here in backward Missouri, I have been on multiple lists for several weeks, and am definitely eligible, but am still being told that I will likely have to wait several months more before being vaccinated. However, residents of counties out in rural areas can basically walk in and get a vaccination.

There is something very odd going on with many-months-long waiting lists in the county, and walk-in elsewhere in the state.

The county has 1 million residents. it is the most populous county in the State, with 1/6 of the state's total population. The goal of County Health has been 5000 vaccinations per DAY.

But the State has chosen to allocate just 6,000 doses per WEEK to the County. At that rate it will take 333 weeks, or 6.4 years, to finish vaccinations here, figuring that half the doses will need to be given as second doses so that it is only 3000 new vaccinations each week.

And, the State is about to announce that they have finished all those over 65 (such as myself) and can move on to concentrate on others. The entire thing is a bad joke.
    Last edited by J Tiers; 02-25-2021, 05:28 PM.
    2801 3147 6749 8779 4900 4900 4900

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

It's just a box of rain, I don't know who put it there.

Comment

On the news this evening in Belgium the centres are empty 'cos the dick 'eds don't want the AZ version. They interviewd one worker - one jab done all day.

Comment

J TIers, im with you on Missouri being stupid. Theres a sign in front of the Greene county courthouse with one of those syringe graphics that they fill in to show what percentage of the population has been vaccinated

Dunno why they bothered with it, its been at 0% for the last few weeks. Im sure that theyve done some vaccination around here, but not much

Comment

Jerry, could you become a Minnesota resident for a few days?

-js
          There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

Comment

I own a house there...... so there is an argument for it. And I have been up there several times so far this winter. Can't quite argue for being a resident, but.....

Or, I can call to one of the rural counties here, probably several hours away, and likely get it there.

I may have had covid already..... I was doing a lot of political canvassing this time last year, and did feel somewhat woozy for a few days.... this was just before it really became a "known thing", and nobody was doing precautions, etc.

The rural areas here have availability because many people (I won't quite say "most"), do not believe in Covid, but DO believe that Bill Gates has made mind control chips that get injected with a fake vaccine that is used as a cover.
            Last edited by J Tiers; 02-25-2021, 08:21 PM.
            2801 3147 6749 8779 4900 4900 4900

Keep eye on ball.
            Hashim Khan

It's just a box of rain, I don't know who put it there.

Comment

Huh. Well, I suppose going to the "outback" for a shot (two shots) would be easier, but in Minnesota surely all you'd have to do is give them your address.

Here (California) we don't have the ugly political machinations over the vaccines, just not enough yet. But we're told that more is coming soon.

My wife is getting her second shot tomorrow (we're both 78). I'm waiting for an appointment, registered both with the county and with my healthcare system. I'll get mine soon, but her vaccinations being complete is a big weight off my mind.

-js
              There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

Comment

im a half decade shy of the "shoe in" for your average citizen but got on the list today in case they need to dump a shot in an arm before it goes bad,,,

I like the sound of the one shot J&J as im not concerned with mild symptoms just don't want to end up in CC or dead or worse yet be a gimp for the rest of my life...

Comment

Nothing in Texas, but we do have the 3rd from lowest vaccination rate in the country. Still the utilisation rate is pretty high (83%) so I guess the state just isn't getting enough doses to make a dent.

Comment

Wife and I both got our inoculations at the beginning of Feb. Both Moderna. We'll get our second dose on Mar 6th. I'm scheduled to go out of state towards the end of march to play nurse while mom recovers from a procedure. All of our elderly relatives have gotten the shot. No problems for any of us, from 60 to 95 years old.

We have many large vaccination centers in our county of 1.75 million people but the supply of vaccine appears to be erratic. Most of the centers require an appointment. Some of the vaccine supplies have been diverted to neighborhoods where certain minorities are considered to be at higher risk. The news says that more vaccine is becoming available.

Dan
                    At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

Something to try:
                      If there is a place close enough to drive to, and you know they have a supply, stop over and inquire. I was told that they want to give as many shots as possible? Forget calling and making an appointment. Just walk in and see if they will provide you with the vaccine.
                      FWIW, my main reason for going out of my way (30 miles-WAY more than I like to drive/travel) is that getting the shot gets the war department off my back. She was so excited that I may be able to get a shot that she texted me basically the same information four times hoping to convince me to go get it.
                      Women, can't live with them and you can't live with them 😊

Comment

Baz,

I saw that on the news as well. I live in Holland - it's a complete shambles here with vaccinations, they're still building vaccination centres.

Say what you like about Brexit, if we hadn't had it, then the UK would also be waiting for the few doses that Brussels finally ordered, instead of having 18+ million injections already completed. Holland have now done a million total, which is what the UK does in just over 2 days, 7 days a week. I'm scheduled for my shot sometime in 2035 I think. Meanwhile, the Dutch "government" is already talking about the 3rd wave.

Ian
                        All of the gear, no idea...

Comment

Just an observation on the shot.
                          Wifey and I got both shots (Phizer) and have experienced zero side effects.

Well, other than the third eye I seem to be growing.

Comment

Originally posted by I make chips View Post
                            Just an observation on the shot.
                            Wifey and I got both shots (Phizer) and have experienced zero side effects.

Well, other than the third eye I seem to be growing.
                            If that third eye grows in the back of your head you could become a teacher.

I was able to make an appointment for my vaccine yesterday (for Tuesday, my choice) but the instructions are vague enough that I probably could have gotten it a couple weeks ago had I did some more searching then. The rules are you have to be 65 or older and they want your medicare number, maybe for payment or maybe to prove your age. There were lots of appointment time available.

Comment

Wife and I are listed as "essential care givers " for my 100 year old mother who is in a nursing home. Mom got her second shot of Moderna last week. The staff and registered "essential care givers" are supposed to get their shots next. We are just waiting for the call.---Brian
                              Brian Rupnow
                              Design engineer
                              Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
                              X