OT: PayPal wants my SSN...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeLee View Post
    Bob, that's the way it's done now. Ebay does the collecting and gives it to the state that the buyer resides in. Almost all on line purchases collect sales tax. However I have run into a few that don't. At least not yet. Income tax on sales is something different. You can thank Way Fair for this.

JL............
    Well, that is why talks like this need to happen. I market trough ebay and other sales newspaper adds from Craigs list.

Heck, I have been to more drive -ins during the day than movie time. Selling and buying was the norm for the drive-ins during the weeked or such. I loved it.

You Old Folks dont know about drive-ins. The talkies had not come out yet :} ;] So kidding JR

Comment

Oh, and fyi. Paypal and Ebay are no longer partners. So dont get the two confused. JR

Comment

Originally posted by JRouche View Post
        Oh, and fyi. Paypal and Ebay are no longer partners. So dont get the two confused. JR
        That's been a couple years now, hasn't it??

JL............

Comment

Off topic a little here on this post...

I’ve been doing a little cash work for some Engineering students. They needed some metal pieces where their plastic 3D printed “ maker space “ parts were failing during test processes. Son of a former coworker, favor etc..

Now, Because they like my stuff, they want to step things up and suddenly the University wants to know where I bank and will I accept payments through Zelle.
          I think I need to take a step back.
          Illigitimi non Carborundum 😎
          9X49 Birmingham Mill, Reid Model 2C Grinder, 13x40 ENCO GH Lathe, 6X18 Craftsman lathe, Sherline CNC mill, Eastwood TIG200 AC/DC and lots of stuff from 30+ years in the trade and 15.5 in refinery unit operations. Now retired. El Paso, TX

Comment

Assuming you want the work, you Just say no to direct deposit; you'll bill them and they will pay by check and will be "vendor" in their system. They will still need to 1099 you (if you are in the USA), and you need to add that to your income (and can deduct whatever), but that's normal and easy

Comment

Working...
            X