It's no longer a crate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
    . My RTX3080 the past 54 hours used over 12KW/H. Total energy cost was 58 cents where I live during those 54 hours. The 3080 makes almost 10$ every 24 hours, so energy cost isn't even a concern for me.
    Wow, you pay less than a nickel per kilowatt hour? That has to be the cheapest rate in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky_NY View Post

Wow, you pay less than a nickel per kilowatt hour? That has to be the cheapest rate in the country.
      That's what my statement says!

Comment

Apparently "mining" Bitcoin alone uses more electricity than some entire countries. Crazy stuff.
        CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

RB, you were thinking of starting a new thread, I would like to know a bit more about mining.

Comment

Originally posted by old mart View Post
            RB, you were thinking of starting a new thread, I would like to know a bit more about mining.
            Alright

Comment

My son routed a new airline drop for me today, and then the two of us got the new mill off the pallet and onto the ground. It wasn't too bad when I took the "Super" Sawzall to the pallet so I could roll the engine hoist right around it. It is positioned so that I can clamp a v-block on the mill table to support a really long piece of stock on the lathe if I need to.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	KIMG2066.JPG Views:	0 Size:	71.4 KB ID:	1934975
              Click image for larger version  Name:	KIMG2065.JPG Views:	0 Size:	98.2 KB ID:	1934974
              Click image for larger version  Name:	KIMG2067.JPG Views:	0 Size:	98.1 KB ID:	1934977
              Click image for larger version  Name:	KIMG2069.JPG Views:	0 Size:	90.0 KB ID:	1934976
              Click image for larger version  Name:	KIMG2068.JPG Views:	0 Size:	85.7 KB ID:	1934978
              Last edited by Bob La Londe; 03-20-2021, 07:15 PM.
              *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Comment

Congrats! That's a nice mill.

As for a vise, I would go Orange over Kurt, I have several Kurt D688 vises that I like, the new DX6 crossover vise I find annoying. My next vise will be a Parlec, made in Ohio and nearly identical to the D688's I already have. Street price is $100 less than the Kurt.

http://catalog.te-co.com/item/all-ca...-vise/pws-6900
                I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Working...
                X