Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ya know what I like about the new bbs?....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya know what I like about the new bbs?....

I like the fact that when I put my cursor over the topic I'm about to click on, it shows a sample of the text in said topic....sometimes I forget which topics I've already clicked on that are of little interest to me....or ones that I haven't clicked on but are still of little interest....sometimes the titles of topics are a little vague or cryptic so I click on them only to find that it doesn't apply to me......or my interests hahaha.

Anyway, I have learned so much from this forum and the generous and knowledgeable people on it, that I felt in light of all the negative feedback that's been received, I'd throw in a little positive.....thanks all!

...interest.

John

I like the fact that you can private message people who may not want to post their email address for whatever reason. The next time they log on it tells them that they have a message.
    Jonathan P.

Comment

There are alot of neat features that are appearing, the arrow you can click to go to the last post is another one. You do not have to scroll through all the old posts or wait as pics reload while it comes up.

I also like being able to disable img, as I can now look at the pics once, and not be bored by the non related ones.

I don't know if the page width "problem" is resolved yet, but the overall result is that the new software is an improvement. I find it much faster and easier to navigate.
      Jim H.

Comment

I have been trying to find a way to disable that "feature". I find it annoying.
        Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

I sure like the Ignore feature, though I haven't had to use it lately.

Comment

Originally posted by IOWOLF
            I sure like the Ignore feature, though I haven't had to use it lately.
            Yup,
            Two people in mine and the boards a far better place, this quote proves Wolfie isn't one.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

What I like about the Board

This interesting diversified and collective think tank which is available to anyone who truly desires and needs help in Machining. All this from a bunch of great people all of whom have a penchant for the machining crafts. Its not everyday that someone will actually stop take some of there time out of there busy day to help someone out that is in need. If this happenned more often in the world it would be a far better place. I salute each and every one of you. Time and time again ive been helped out by the unselfish nature of BBS Members. Mike

Comment

Found it. If for whatever reason you don't like the topic tips showing up they can be turned off in Firefox. Put in about:config in the address bar and set 'browser.chrome.toolbar_tips' to false.

Comment

Ya got to love it

I like the new wide format, anyone notice? What are the whinners going to do now Thanks for a great site!
                  Mel

I would rather have tools that I never use, than not have a tool I need.

Comment

No, I didn't notice. I was using grease monkey to automate the width setting. Cool!

Comment

Sir Moderater John, Me thinks you are just letting me through to see me mess up so you can ban me.

Comment

Yeah, I just noticed the format's wider than it was this morning....niiiice.

John

Comment

Finally logged in.

Hallelluya indeed, I,ve been tring to log on since the changover. The password recovery function has not been working untill this afternoon.
                          Doug.

Comment

Oh Yea!

Powered up this thing today, and my two major disapointments (no pics and the case of narrows) of the "new" BBS are corrected.

Thanks to the people at Village Press.
                            Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there no sweeter words than "I told you so."

Comment

The search is an improvement too! Not sure how much better yet, but for a poor searcher like me, only seing 20 results was a killer.

Always those saying "Search the archives!!" With the old set-up it was an exercise in frustration!!

I hope now I'll remember to Search more often, see just how much better it is now.

The date part is Much better in search too!

uute

Comment

Working...
                              X