Life's a bitch ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life's a bitch ?

A couple of years ago I heard of a company near to me but not specified that sold new machines, machining centres or some such, anyway big industrial ones.
    Apparently they filled these with coolant, connected them up and demo'd them to customers.
    Then sold the coolant was drained off and disposed of.
    I was told it was free for the taking.
    I made enquiries but never found anything out, urban legend ? I have no idea.

Anyway today scrap man calls round and in the conversation mentions he'd got to find someone who wanted some coolant.
    Ears pop up and the legend becomes a reality.
    Turns out the company is about 8 miles away from me but in the opposite direction I was originally told.
    Jumped in the Donald and shot up there.
    Turns out it's not soluble but neat cutting oil, premium grade. There was twelve 5 gallon drums and three 45 gallon drums.
    Because the 45's were blocked in by new machines awaiting shipping I will have to go back for them later so I was only ably to bring the twelve 5 gallon drums.

Life's a bitch ? I should say so one the the drums was only 1/2 full.......................

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

So John how come you just did not transfer some of the content of the barrels to your half filled pails. The real bitch would of been finding out the scrapper got the mills for a few coins... and was looking the off load the nasty oil.

Wow... where did the time go. I could of swore I was only out there for an hour.

Comment

I don't know why the scrappie calls in there.
      They are the UK arm of a big Japanese corporation, all the mills and lathes are brand new, They unpack them, check them and every so often demo a machine to a customer and the customer buys that particular machine.
      When they are drained out the coolant has been in for 4 hours tops.
      No nasties, it looks brand new. I asked why didn't they save it for the next machine or ship it out with the sold machine.
      I was told "It's used "

Don't argue with the man.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Oh, if my life could only be as miserable as yours John

Ken
        Ken.

Comment

Quote:
          "I don't know why the scrappie calls in there"
          Maybe he's hoping they'lldrop one off the forklift,and he'll get some nice new chinese scrap.
          Hans

Comment

when I worked for a screw machine shop I threw away tons of drill bits, a drill would be in a machine 8-12 hours and was changed out for new. I would have saved them but there is a point where you dont want a ton or two of used drill bits laying around, I tossed them in the scrap.

I now wish I would have saved a few hundred for myself.

Comment

!!!???!!!

As my cousin Gary would say..."10 F*+Ks on you"

I pay $150.00 for a 20 liter paid of X-cool 2000 here.
              Life in the UK!
              take care
              eddie
              ps. Pack up some of that luck and send it this way.
              going to need it with crab at $1.05/lb
              please visit my webpage:
              http://motorworks88.webs.com/

Comment

John some people would cry if they were hung with a new rope. Life is a bitch than you die. That is more oil than I would use in 10 life times. Good find.
                Don\'t ask me to do a dam thing, I\'m retired.
                http://home.earthlink.net/~kcprecision/

Comment

You poor miserable son of a bi...

I guess you really are one of the privilege class...

Ol' Normam A. can't buy no hog fat, and you get gallons of free neat oil!
                  Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there no sweeter words than "I told you so."

Comment

Originally posted by charlie coghill
                    Life is a bitch than you die.
                    The way I heard it was "Life's a bitch and then you marry one."
                    Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Originally posted by ****EYBIRD
                      The way I heard it was "Life's a bitch and then you marry one."
                      or two, or three,,,,,

Comment

John. Now you just need to mod the scooter to burn that stuff and save on petrol.

Comment

John,hasn't Alistair taught you anything? He would have taken his boots off and filled them before leaving

And tires,your vehicle should have had at least three good tires on it,could have got that other half drum in those easy
                          I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Other Coolant & Cutting oil storage...

Don't forget the bag for your pipes...should hold 2 or 3 gallons....
                            (damn those colonials...)

Comment

Matador,
                              Interesting remark about the fork truck.
                              They had this humengious thing there, twin front wheels bigger than me and brand spanky new. The whole place was spotlessly clean.
                              I remarked on the size of the truck and asked if they had bought a new one because of the size of the machines.
                              I was told no the old one was that size but it was 3 years old.
                              Three years? this machine could do no more that unload say 40 -50 machines a year and reload them when sold.
                              There was nothing else for it to do.

Looks more to me that they have to spend the money or pay tax.

Vinito,
                              The Donald is already on diesel, no way I'd ever run a petrol engined vehicle again.
                              Hard thing to say but the best small diesels around are made by Peugeot in France [ spit, spit ]

When the choice of a new vehicle comes up it's you can have anything as long as it has a Peugeot diesel in it and there is a decent choice as they sell to a lot of manufactures, Fiat, Ford Renault, Citroen and I think some Volvo's have them.

Comment

Working...
                              X