Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.K. Boomer
    replied
    Cute from a distance - nasty looking castings... not a whole lotta pride in that machine...

Leave a comment:

• Bob Engelhardt
    replied
    I had an MFB about 20 years ago - I found it at the dump!! Only thing wrong was a couple of broken handles, IIRC. I kept it a couple of years & eBay'ed it for $500 more or less.

Leave a comment:

• JoeLee
    replied
    Nice, but it can't do anything that I couldn't do with my BP.

JL.............

Leave a comment:

• lynnl
    replied
    Rudy Kouhoupt did a series of articles showing his repair/renovation of a small, similar machine. Are those the same as what he did?

Leave a comment:

• J Tiers
    replied
    That second one.... It took me a while to see the picture correctly. It seems to be sitting on top of the table of a drill press or some such thing, and appears to be bolted down to it.

Wild.....

I do not think they are worth anything like that. I believe the Lewis I have (which cost a quarter of that (re-scraped and in very good working order) is considerably more mill as far as actual work done, even though it has fewer "extras".

The Atlas has an MT2 spindle, and while it has a 2-lug adapter, it is screwed onto the spindle, not native. It also is, IIRC, a single t-slot machine, which is rather limiting (the side slots are just v-slots for holding round bar stock, etc)

My father-in-law had one, which he sold long ago (for $400). It seemed rather small, and appeared to lack "daylight", particularly between the arbor and the overarm, restricting the maximum diameter of cutter that can be used.
    Last edited by J Tiers; 03-10-2021, 02:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• nickel-city-fab
    replied
    I would love to have one but not for $2k. They have been going up in price for the last couple decades. usually you need at least $1500 to see one in decent shape. You can get a fix-it project for 1k.

Leave a comment:

• larry_g
    replied
    I'll raise you $500, https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/...288504248.html.

lg
    no neat sig line

Leave a comment:

• Ian B
    replied
    Well, it's certainly cute, and it looks to be in good condition. Rare too - first one of these I've seen. But $2k? I wish him luck...

Ian

Leave a comment:

• QSIMDO
    started a topic FYI Craig's

FYI Craig's

FOUR exclamation points

https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/...287700633.html

Working...
X