Strange SB lathe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fasttrack View Post

The difference with you is that you ARE an "expert" - if you failed to tell a buyer what you knew about a machine and its suitability for the task that the buyer had in mind... well I would say that is somewhat less than honorable because you are intentionally withholding information.

Just my $0.02
    I definitely agree. A person who doesn't know, is unable to judge and provide useful information. Probably the seller in that case is in that condition.

There are folks who will happily stick in a comment "I know nothing about machine tools", but if you open the door just behind whatever they are selling, you may find a full shop.... They are just trying to avoid responsibility.

I must be a dinosaur. I would not want to take a person's money if I thought that what I was selling is not what they need. Apparently some do not agree, and simply put it on the buyer to know.
    CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
    Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
    Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
    I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
    Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

Working...
    X