Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Anyone have Windows Update 20H2 install itself? What happened then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
    The new update removes the option to have a user autologin without a password
    There is a registry fix for this issue that brings the option back.
    I need no password after 20H2. In fact, it quit asking for one (I had not set one up).
    CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

So how do I know if I have 20H2.

I know both my desktop and laptop were acting very strange a couple days ago.

Comment

If you have some older, but vital software running, it would be safer to keep that pc exclusivly for it and not connect to the internet. Keep another pc for general work and the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by DR View Post
          So how do I know if I have 20H2.

I know both my desktop and laptop were acting very strange a couple days ago.
          To find what has been installed, do the following:
          • Click on Windows 10 Start button and then click on the Settings icon.
          • On the Settings screen, click on Update & Security icon.
          • On the Update & Security screen, click on Windows Update in the left pane and then click on View Installed update history link in the right pane.
          • On the next screen, you will see the list of Updates installed on your computer.
          CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

Another way:
            Settings
            System
            About

I just looked at mine, it is 21H1

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post

To find what has been installed, do the following:
              • Click on Windows 10 Start button and then click on the Settings icon.
              • On the Settings screen, click on Update & Security icon.
              • On the Update & Security screen, click on Windows Update in the left pane and then click on View Installed update history link in the right pane.
              • On the next screen, you will see the list of Updates installed on your computer.
              Thanks Jerry, apparently I don't have it since it says "download and install " when ready.

When I came back to the computer after a couple hours a blue screen told me to finish setting up Windows. Luckily, I was able to hit "skip" on everything. Weird...

Comment

Working...
              X