R 8 toolholders and endmill rack.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R 8 toolholders and endmill rack.

Here us what I built to hold most if my tools needed at the mill. still trying to find my 3 inch boring head, it escaped.
    this is far better than wood, easy to keep clean, ant warp or split , or get oil soaked..
    it's 1.5 inch UHMW, cut off of a large hotel cutting board..

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210315_160902.jpg Views:	0 Size:	637.3 KB ID:	1934062
    Last edited by 754; 03-16-2021, 03:42 AM.

ooo nice! Teflon!
    25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

Great job! I've got some corian that is 12 x 12 that I'm going to glue together and do the same thing. I used the small ammo plastic boxes with some foam stuck down in the holes to store my router bits. Need to do similar for my lathe.
      olf20 / Bob

Comment

Too "In your face" for me.
        I prefer to store my end mills in a drawer
        with divider slots. Just looking at it makes
        me feel like it is poking my eyes out.

-D
        DZER

Comment

Fancy, a Clarkson Autolock finding its way to Canada.

Comment

Is there another way to hold endmills ? It might be because we have the Royals on our currency lol..
            TO Left of the blue bag , is my Coolant Induced 3/4 bore... RotoBroach arbor. I have pulled the coolant manifold off, as I use it a lot in aluminum, and lube by hand. I made it from 4140 I think it looks good..
            Last edited by 754; 03-16-2021, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nickel-city-fab View Post
              ooo nice! Teflon!
              Teflon is PTFE?

I have been sitting on a stick of 2x2x18 UHMW that I snagged 10+ years ago and have been contemplating making it a holder for the several big R8 tools I have. I should just go do it already
              -paul

Comment

Poly Tetra Flouro Ethelene, or Teflon, the trade name, likely from Du Pont. There are greases based on ptfe for use with oxygen, Krytox and Fombulin.

Comment

Working...
                X