• loose nut
    replied
    Pointy bits

Leave a comment:

• JoeLee
    replied
    Originally posted by Noitoen View Post
    Like this?
    I would say extension taps also, and a couple of them look to be coated. TIN maybe? They can make good scribes.
    Tap shanks are usually an under size dimension so probably not a transfer punch.

JL...........

Leave a comment:

• Noitoen
    replied
    Like this?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• darryl
    replied
    They do appear to be repurposed taps. I've never seen long taps like that before, but I'm sure they would exist. This probably came from Boeing surplus or something, and somebody spent hours grinding then into punches and scribers.

Leave a comment:

• JRouche
    replied
    Looks like watch makers centers.

They would have to be small though. JR

Leave a comment:

replied
    Do they happen to be valve guide bore sizes ? Did they come from an auto machinist or engine rebuilds ?

Leave a comment:

• john b
    replied
    Looks like punches made from pulley taps.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Dubeau
    replied
    I don't know what they are, but this gave me the idea to make a bunch of random stuff like this to fill a drawer of my toolbox, just to confuse who ever inherits it when I go.

Leave a comment:

• mickeyf
    replied
    I would have gone with "broken taps made into punches", but I've never seen a tap with that much shank before it became threaded. Of course, perhaps that's how they broke - easier to wiggle.

Leave a comment:

• boslab
    replied
    If they were tungsten they could be tig electrodes ( biggest I’ve regularly used 1/4” sylvania green band), centres for a watchmakers or clockmakers “ turns” looks lathe ish but two opposing centre points, posh nails, tyre prongs, some kind of mini sabot round for a smith and Weston, splinter diggers, I give up though my immigration is now zooming along
    mark

Leave a comment:

• reggie_obe
    replied
    Stuff turned into other things through grinding, turning and milling which can be further turned into other stuff via various other processes.

Leave a comment:

• I make chips
    replied
    Test specimens for a very powerful pencil sharpener.

Leave a comment:

• MrWhoopee
    replied
    Taps that broke in the CNC while the operator was sleeping.

Leave a comment:

• OaklandGB
    replied
    Practice work pieces from a grinder? Wild Guess due to differing mounts and lengths .

Leave a comment:

• gellfex
    replied
    Transfer punches? Can't explain the square ends.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X