Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter.
    replied
    I bust my beater work phone and a guy at work offered me his year-old one as a stop-gap. He said he'd replaced it because although it worked perfectly but the screen had quickly got very scratched up.

Under the original protective film was a perfect screen

Leave a comment:

• Noitoen
    replied
    You could have used the film to your convenience as a stencil. Cut out the lines with an X-acto knife and paint the lines before removing the protection

Leave a comment:

• Bob La Londe
    replied
    Originally posted by alanganes View Post

Just for the record, I got that you were laughing about this. I chuckled at the situation when I read it because that is precisely the sort of thing I do from time to time. I guess I should have added a smiley face with my post.

Leave a comment:

• alanganes
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob La Londe View Post
    I am always amazed how I can post a "this is funny" moment and people get it all wrong.

Nothing was screwed up or broken. The paint didn't fall off because it was bad or a bad choice. I just didn't realize there was a sheet of protective plastic on the surface. I peeled it off, repainted the lines, and all is good. I just posted it because it was funny. Nothing was broken. Nothing was bad. I wasn't desperately asking how to paint, mark, tape, scribe, or trammel a line on a board. As funny as the moment was when I realized what happened some of you guys are even funnier.
    Just for the record, I got that you were laughing about this. I chuckled at the situation when I read it because that is precisely the sort of thing I do from time to time. I guess I should have added a smiley face with my post.

Leave a comment:

• Ohio Mike
    replied
    > I have to put up two new jobs boards. A longer one just for custom work
    > (the old one is full), and a separate one for stock design cuts. I
    > painted lines and titles on them yesterday. (I also placed a new
    > milling machine yesterday.) Today they will get hung up in my office. I
    > currently have a single jobs board with custom work on one side and
    > stock cuts on the other. Its full and there are jobs not yet on the
    > board. I have to admit I miss the old 4x8 jobs board I had in my office
    > on Ave C. I also went with magnetic boards this time so I can just move
    > the marker to the next job on the board instead of having to rewrite it
    > periodically. I am at 14-16 weeks prepaid custom work right now.

Those dry erase jobs boards I painted yesterday had protective plastic film on them. All my lines and labeling peeled right off.

Reminds me of the time I replaced the wipers on my step sons car. The next day he said "those new wipers suck". Forgot to remove the plastic cover on the wipers edge LOL.

Leave a comment:

• Bob La Londe
    replied
    I am always amazed how I can post a "this is funny" moment and people get it all wrong.

Nothing was screwed up or broken. The paint didn't fall off because it was bad or a bad choice. I just didn't realize there was a sheet of protective plastic on the surface. I peeled it off, repainted the lines, and all is good. I just posted it because it was funny. Nothing was broken. Nothing was bad. I wasn't desperately asking how to paint, mark, tape, scribe, or trammel a line on a board. As funny as the moment was when I realized what happened some of you guys are even funnier.

Leave a comment:

• alanganes
    replied

Those dry erase jobs boards I painted yesterday had protective plastic film on them. All my lines and labeling peeled right off.

Ouch!

Maybe this would fit better in the "what did you screw up today?" thread.

Leave a comment:

• Youngwhisk
    replied
    We had some whiteboard grid type flexible sheets for jobs in our office. After a while they were hard to clean. We replaced them and put a sheet of glass over them. No problems after that.

Leave a comment:

• Bob La Londe
    replied
    Originally posted by SLK001 View Post

Try using black striping tape for your lines (not electrical tape).
    Ordinarily GPX Xylene paint markers and a drywall square work just fine. They aren't so permanent when you paint it onto the protective film.

FB Video Link
    https://www.facebook.com/robert.lalo...5887365435950/

Leave a comment:

• SLK001
    replied
    > Those dry erase jobs boards I painted yesterday had protective plastic film on them. All my lines and labeling peeled right off.
    Try using black striping tape for your lines (not electrical tape).

Leave a comment:

• Bob La Londe
    started a topic Write Erase Boards

Write Erase Boards

> I have to put up two new jobs boards. A longer one just for custom work
    > (the old one is full), and a separate one for stock design cuts. I
    > painted lines and titles on them yesterday. (I also placed a new
    > milling machine yesterday.) Today they will get hung up in my office. I
    > currently have a single jobs board with custom work on one side and
    > stock cuts on the other. Its full and there are jobs not yet on the
    > board. I have to admit I miss the old 4x8 jobs board I had in my office
    > on Ave C. I also went with magnetic boards this time so I can just move
    > the marker to the next job on the board instead of having to rewrite it
    > periodically. I am at 14-16 weeks prepaid custom work right now.

Working...
X