No announcement yet.

OT-Honda - V-6 woahs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This discussion on serviceability makes me chuckle and recall a discussion I had with an Uncle 30 years ago. As far as he was concerned the 67’ Ford Falcon was about the last good car that an average guy could keep running.

Thirty years from now somebody will fondly reminisce about the good old 2020 vehicles.

Also, finally figured out this thread is about problems not brakes...

Comment

Challenger I know it's a little late for this but ---------- no salvage yard options for your valve covers? that's the route I would have taken and in fact would have scouted the youpullandpay yards first as it would have been about 10 bucks a cover... very popular engine so good chance for scoring from them first...

just checked - they are 8.99 for steel but 14.99 for aluminum

the good thing about Upullandpay is a valve cover is a valve cover --- they just need to see it for the material difference not model and make, which means if a car has an inherent problem and the parts go like hot cakes they don't say "ah hah - you got a V/6 honda ehh? those covers are worth gold i tell ya ---- gold!!!"

https://upullandpay.com/colorado-springs/part-prices/
      Last edited by A.K. Boomer; 03-25-2021, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Sadly there are no u-pulls in my area any more. THEY pull, and charge accordingly.
        25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

Originally posted by SVS View Post
          Thirty years from now somebody will fondly reminisce about the good old 2020 vehicles.
          Frankly, I doubt it. IMHO my truck was junk the day I signed on the line for it. No user -serviceable parts inside, everything made to a price point and emissions. Nobody's gonna miss the 2020 vehicles since we now live in a throw-away society. Certainly I don't see guys rebuilding and hot-rodding like they used to. If you try to do it *legally* then it becomes prohibitively expensive to re-engineer....
          Last edited by nickel-city-fab; 03-25-2021, 08:49 PM.
          25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

Working...
          X