Grizzly G4000 9x19 QCTP what Works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grizzly G4000 9x19 QCTP what Works

Got new Grizzly 9x19 ordered which I understand is just a redone Jet or other 9x20 lathe. I have a lot of HSS 3/8 blanks I need to use up, is the AXA the size I need and where did you get yours from?
    Retired - Journeyman Refrigeration Pipefitter - Master Electrician

What’s the height from the top of compound to CL of spindle. That’s the critical measurement.

Comment

So how about the AXA I asked about from CDCO anyone have one?

Comment

Yes I have the one from CDCO it works well for me. I've had it for 10 years.
        John b. SW Chicago burbs.

Comment

Originally posted by JCByrd24 View Post
          What’s the height from the top of compound to CL of spindle. That’s the critical measurement.
          I'm going "ditto" on this aspect. And from there and to a minor degree the width of the support around the top of the compound.... *pause*

Did you check on YT? I just did with "G4000 toolpost" as the search terms and this came up. Just what you're after I'm thinking.

(21) Grizzly G4000, 9x20 lathe, quick change tool post installation, AXA Wedge Style - YouTube

I sort of think that the 0XA would be a better fit since he's saying that the AXA "just fit" And looking at the regular 0XA holders they have a 1/2x5/16 slot so they would hold 3/8 size tool bits with no problem.
          Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

I looked on LMS website and they say for the 9x19 - 9x20 its the AXA I asked about. I do not mind paying their price as I have many, many times before but it takes them forever to ship and shipping is not cheap from that area.

Comment

Originally posted by john b View Post
              Yes I have the one from CDCO it works well for me. I've had it for 10 years.
              Thanks John

Comment

I got the AXA toolpost set from LMS a few years ago at Cabin Fever. I think I paid just a little over $100 with their expo discount. I had to use an adapter sleeve for my HF 9x20 lathe, and they work OK, although they are rather oversize.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Knurling_Tool_4735.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	1935185

Name:	Knurling_Tool_4734.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	1935184
                I added a piece of drywall sanding screen to keep the post from turning with pressure applied:

Name:	QCTP_4736.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	1935183
                http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Thanks Paul

Comment

George, sent you a pm.

Comment

Working...
                    X