No announcement yet.

Red Loctite removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been watching this post and there has been many EASY fixes for the problem so heres my take on it. Just make a small disc the size of the foot and the height you need or want and super glue that to the foot to take up the space. would not want rubber as it may make the tool shift but something like an aluminum disc or brass or even a hard plastic. So thats my fix go make it and get on with it and it will be all good !!!
    John From Slinger, Wisconsin

Comment

I've done exactly that - got on with it, that is! Delrin arrived and I've made a cap with a 3mm thick bottom that fits firmly, but not permanently, over the existing cap.

When mounted, the indicator isn't perfectly in line with the spindle....but it's damn close. (click for a larger version) Certainly ought to be close enough that I can get an accurate sweep of a bore - the offset is smaller than the ball of the indicator.

Comment

Good to see that the fix has worked out and you have moved on Ha! Ha!😉😉 Sometimes to me simple is better and easy. Take care
        John From Slinger, Wisconsin

Comment

Oh there's always a next problem to move on to! For starters the vise stop you can see in that picture doesn't fit this vise. It fit the old one....but that didn't fit the mill I was thinking about trying to put longer dowels and screw in it but I think it will still slip off the chamfer on the back of the fixed jaw and a better solution might have presented itself. I ordered a small Noga arm and when it arrived, the lower joint didn't move at all and the magnet switch was very stiff. They sent me a replacement and didn't want the old one back so I'm thinking that if I can free it up and swap out the mag base for a T nut, I might end up with a very nice vise stop that'll actually fit! Worth a go at least!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and advise too.

Comment

Working...
          X