Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name change

I have a problem folk.

First off let me show you a job I did yesterday.

It's a 12" length of 5/8" LH acme thread and nut for a machine feedscrew.
    It was screwcut on my CVA lathe in the normal manner, HSS tooling at 120 rpm.

Normally at these speeds soluble oil based coolant doesn't work well and I use a spray on Rocol type cutting fluid to get the required finish on the flanks of the threads.

Well the other day because the CVA was low on coolant I cleaned it out and swapped over to the free neat cutting oil I was given.
    The difference is fantastic, drilled holes look close to reamed holes and just roughing gets a decent finish instead of plowed fields.

Is the thread, not a good pic as daughters camera doesn't have macro but it gives a good indication of the flank finish straight off the tool.

Now the problem, because of my banter over the last few months with IOWOLF over my name, Richard the III etc, etc, I finished up with Sir John, Earl of Sudspumpwater which has a nice ring to it.

However Sir John, Earl of Neatcuttingoil doesn't so I'd like you all to come up with a neat [ no pun intended ] name.
    The winner gets a free 5 gallon drum but they have to pay shiping

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Hey lord snootie I always thought richard was the good king and John the bad so I will "as I am your pal" call you good sir John earl of the Islamic state of Nottinghaaaaaaam or NottingLaaamb as they don't eat haaaaamAlistair or with dolly should that not be Notinlamb
    Last edited by Alistair Hosie; 04-14-2006, 07:39 AM.
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Allthough a lesser ranking perhaps;
      Sir John, Viscous Viscount of Nottinghamshire.

Ken
      Ken.

Comment

Slippery John with all that cutting oil what else
        MBB

Comment

How About

Lord Neat-cut

Comment

John, Archduke of Acme
            Leigh
            The entire content of this post is copyright by, and is the sole property of, the author. No assignment
            of title nor right of publication shall ensue from presentation of this material on any computer site.

Comment

Sir John, Earl of Lube on Toolingham.
              Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

"Johnny-On-The-Spot" Other referances to outhouses (privys) would be just to obnoxious!
                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

John Stevenson,Earl of coolant pump
                  I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

King John of Coolant

Comment

Free oil? Shipped from England I pay Shipping ?

You are so tight you will need the oil,Keep it and drink it.

Sir Tight wad,Earl of oil.

Comment

Name change

How about

Sir John Earl of Sliperypumpedwater

Kind of has a nice ring to it, don't you think? 8^>)

Jim (KB4IVH)
                        Jim (KB4IVH)

Only fools abuse their tools.

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson
                          The difference is fantastic, drilled holes look close to reamed holes and just roughing gets a decent finish instead of plowed fields......
                          And I never thought that cutting fluid could make such a difference.

Surely you've been a knight long enough and are due a promotion - Lord Stevenson of Neat Oil (or maybe you haven't donated enough to Tony Blair yet.....)

Charles

Comment

Wolfie sir johns is as you state a tight wad but not as tight as his old Scottish pal as I use both sides of the toilet paperAlistair
                            Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Originally posted by Alistair Hosie
                              Wolfie sir johns is as you state a tight wad but not as tight as his old Scottish pal as I use both sides of the toilet paperAlistair
                              TWICE OVER

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Working...
                              X